Taking Daughters Friend

kevswick

Jan 23, 2006
Hi, we are travelling to Caribbean Village Playa Dorada on Feb.8, along with my wife, my daughter, and I , is my daughters girlfriend.
Both my daughter and her friend are 15.
Everyone has a passport.
Will there be any forseeable problems entering or leaving both countries?
The Dominican republic consulate website in Toronto says any child over the age of 13 does not require a letter from her parents.
Any Help in this matter would be greatly apprieciated.
Any info on the resort would be nice too!
Thank you:classic:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Leaving could possibly be a big hassle. THere are about 8 or 9 legal hoops you need to jump through and you should prepare some of the paperwork before leaving at your local Dominican Consulate.

Dirk Pitt

Jan 26, 2006
"Foreigners can leave the country with the person with whom they entered, without any Immigration Permits required."

So if we are Americans travling with daughters friends - as long as we enter th DR together and leave together no letters are required. That's how I read it. I wrote an e-mail to the Dominican consulate in Washington and received the same info.
Just in case I'm having each parent give me a permission letter notarized but not by the DR Consulate.
Do you think this will suffice -would hate to have a problem when leaving.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Dirk Pitt said:
"Foreigners can leave the country with the person with whom they entered, without any Immigration Permits required."

So if we are Americans travling with daughters friends - as long as we enter th DR together and leave together no letters are required. That's how I read it. I wrote an e-mail to the Dominican consulate in Washington and received the same info.
Just in case I'm having each parent give me a permission letter notarized but not by the DR Consulate.
Do you think this will suffice -would hate to have a problem when leaving.

This a no-brainer! The only reason the Dominican government has established all this red tape is to create work for the overblown bureaucracy. If you're hassled upon leaving, make a big scene, and threaten to leave the child behind, or better yet, offer the attending officer a US$10 dollar bill, much cheaper than paying for a notarized letter in your country.

kevswick

Jan 23, 2006
Wow! Thanks for all the fast replys!
Mirador, I think you hit the nail on the head!
If there are any problems there, money will help solve them.
At least at that end of the trip.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I am pretty confident that you will not have any problems. they will probably not ask you any questions...the girls probably look older than they are...
Just have a good time..sun block and a bit of bug repellant will make things more agreeable...

Just some advice

HB :D:D:D

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Hillbilly said:
...the girls probably look older than they are...

Though one can safely assume handing over a passport to the migracion agent will probably offer a clue as to how old they really are. Being that the date of birth is printed in it.