DR's Lottery

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
How many Lotteries are there in the Island
and how legit are they?

Are non residents foreigns allowed to play it and claim any winnings?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Mr_DR said:
How many Lotteries are there in the Island
and how legit are they?

Are non residents foreigns allowed to play it and claim any winnings?

I know only the reply to the last question, yes foreigners can play, residents or not.
Someone here in POP just won 100.000 pesos, and it wasn?t me!:surprised

Another friend of mine, who does not have a cedula, just won 5000 pesos by finding a blue cigarette in a package of Nacional.
She thought something was wrong and went back to the colmado to switch package, but it turned out it was a contest and if you got a blue cigarette you got 5000 pesos cash!:classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
carina said:
I know only the reply to the last question, yes foreigners can play, residents or not.
Someone here in POP just won 100.000 pesos, and it wasn?t me!:surprised

Another friend of mine, who does not have a cedula, just won 5000 pesos by finding a blue cigarette in a package of Nacional.
She thought something was wrong and went back to the colmado to switch package, but it turned out it was a contest and if you got a blue cigarette you got 5000 pesos cash!:classic: :classic: :classic: :classic:
Interesting.

This perhaps proves the lottery is legitimate.

Although, in reality lotteries (legitimate or not) are the biggest legalized scam, well all gambling is a scam.

The gambler is bound to lose everything in the long run, the chances of winning are dismal at best and the only way to increase your chances is to play more often!

Spending money on the lottery is the equivalent to burning a pile of cash.

The people who play the lottery should take the amount they gamble on a yearly basis and invest in something where there is a better chance of a return on the investment.

A savings account sounds good.

CDs sounds even better.

Government bonds are another good option.

Never leave anything to chance, always take control of your situation.

-NALs

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Nals is right. I think that lottery is just a way to tax the poor and desperate.

I did hear second hand that the lottery in DR is far from legitamate. My friend told me that his uncle was friend's with someone who ran the lottery in DR and two times when the uncle was in a bad finanical situation (totalling cars in accidents) he miraculously won the lottery.