Aventura at Altos de Chavon

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Aventura is scheduled to play at Altos de Chavon on March 25, 2006. This concert replaces a previously canceled show. How likely is it that this show will actually take place. I also noticed that the Aventura Toronto show was postponed. Is Aventura the modern version of Sly and The Family Stone?

Also, how does someone not living in the DR get tickets for the event?

MariposaAzul

Jan 17, 2006
rellosk said:
Aventura is scheduled to play at Altos de Chavon on March 25, 2006. This concert replaces a previously canceled show. How likely is it that this show will actually take place. I also noticed that the Aventura Toronto show was postponed. Is Aventura the modern version of Sly and The Family Stone?

Also, how does someone not living in the DR get tickets for the event?

here comes STING too!! (in April)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
MariposaAzul said:
here comes STING too!! (in April)
I'm even less sure of that one. According to the DR1 calendar he's scheduled to play Altos de Chavon on WEDNESDAY, April 26, 2006.

His website makes no mention of the concert, but does mention a April 29th date in Las Vegas.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Ya, I have a ticket for the Toronto concert and was pssed off as I didn't hear of the cancellation last Sat so I went to the Docks that night :angry:
I was psssed of becasue I wasted my time and money. I've seen them twice and was going with some friends who had never gone before. The reason I went was for them and I felt really bad for them as they were looking forward to it and are huge fans :( What a dissappointment for them.
They say they are to reschedule but I not so sure I believe that anyhow.

But we went out to a club and danced the night away, you got to make the best of things :)

I personally don't care to go now I just want my money back and I don't think i'll go to one of there concerts again.

I would of prefered to see Frank Reyes that would be awesome!!! :) Hopefully one day!!!

Dama Descarada

Sep 20, 2004
New Dates for Toronto!

My neighbour has been in contact with Aventura's tour group, the promoter for the TO show and others (when the concert was cancelled she emailed everyone she could find online) and was told the dates have been rescheduled for June 2nd and 3rd.

This is the email she received from one:
Hello,
The new dates are June 2nd and 3rd 2006....
Thanks for the support... Please spread the word...
Regards,

So at least we know our money is not wasted - and it will be summer when they come back...alot better than bachata in the snow! ;)

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
How does someone not living in the DR get tickets for the event at Altos de Chavon? Can they be purchased online?

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Thanks for posting, I did hear the same thing yesterday in June! Yes summer is better than snow lol :)

Dama Descarada said:
My neighbour has been in contact with Aventura's tour group, the promoter for the TO show and others (when the concert was cancelled she emailed everyone she could find online) and was told the dates have been rescheduled for June 2nd and 3rd.

This is the email she received from one:
Hello,
The new dates are June 2nd and 3rd 2006....
Thanks for the support... Please spread the word...
Regards,

So at least we know our money is not wasted - and it will be summer when they come back...alot better than bachata in the snow! ;)

mamilinda

Feb 27, 2006
Aventura was here in Indianapolis in December, then were followed by Monchy Y Alexandra in January - I danced until my feet hurt....

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I love that feeling when you get home and take of your shoes and your feet ache and I can feel them throbbing :) It means I had a great night with a lot of dancing, feels great!! :)

mamilinda said:
Aventura was here in Indianapolis in December, then were followed by Monchy Y Alexandra in January - I danced until my feet hurt....

mamilinda

Feb 27, 2006
Music said:
I love that feeling when you get home and take of your shoes and your feet ache and I can feel them throbbing :) It means I had a great night with a lot of dancing, feels great!! :)

For 2 days, they hurt me. :cool:

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Yes I know lol
In the DR the next morning people would look at me funny as I walked to the beach lol my feet were still hurting :) I would tell them I had been dancing all night and the laugh!!

mamilinda said:
For 2 days, they hurt me. :cool:

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
For those wanting info on the Aventura concert at Altos de Chavon, you can call 809-523-2424 and ask to speak with Jacqueline.

I called last week and they told me that Aventura has yet to sign the contract and finalize everything so tickets were not available as of yet. I was asked to call back this Friday.

Hopefully the concert happens and I'll have the chance to dance the night away...

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Wendy A. said:
For those wanting info on the Aventura concert at Altos de Chavon, you can call 809-523-2424 and ask to speak with Jacqueline.

I called last week and they told me that Aventura has yet to sign the contract and finalize everything so tickets were not available as of yet. I was asked to call back this Friday.

Hopefully the concert happens and I'll have the chance to dance the night away...
Thanks for the info. Could you post an update if the situation changes?