New Area code?

p1atan0

May 25, 2004
Can Anyone Tell Me If It's True That There Is A New Area Code In Dominican Republic 829?

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
They are running out of 809 numbers, so most new cell numbers are being allocated 829. I believe new land lines are still 809? This began this past January.

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
p1atan0 said:
Can Anyone Tell Me If It's True That There Is A New Area Code In Dominican Republic 829?

Most new cell phone activations are being alloted 829 numbers. I am not sure about land lines. But yes this 829 is in effect right now.

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
stallion said:
But yes this 829 is in effect right now.

It sure is and it has been of some annoyance making calls. My fiance has just gotten a new cell phone with the new area code and when I first called the number, I couldn't get through since my telephone company couldn't recognize the code in their system. It took them over 3 days to get it all figured out and even though I can make calls now, I still sometimes have to dial atleast 3x to get my call through. Urrgghhh!:rolleyes:

stallion

Mr. Main Event
May 28, 2004
Wendy A. said:
It sure is and it has been of some annoyance making calls. My fiance has just gotten a new cell phone with the new area code and when I first called the number, I couldn't get through since my telephone company couldn't recognize the code in their system. It took them over 3 days to get it all figured out and even though I can make calls now, I still sometimes have to dial atleast 3x to get my call through. Urrgghhh!:rolleyes:

Tell your Fiancee to get a 809 #. All you have to do is ask. otherwise they give you the 829#.

wendy_s

Oct 26, 2005
stallion said:
Tell your Fiancee to get a 809 #. All you have to do is ask. otherwise they give you the 829#.

He did go back to ask but they told him they are now only assigning 829 to all new numbers and are not able to assign anymore 809 numbers. Ah well, what can ya do? C'est la vie! ;)