closed resort/hotel?

jtownsucks46

Mar 21, 2006
I just got home from staying at the casa marina reef for a week and was wondering about another resort just down the street owned by the same company and even carrying the name casa marina but it looked totally shut down. does anyone know anything about it?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
There used to be three Casa Marina resorts in Sosua.

Casa Marina Beach and Casa Marina Reef were on the water and Casa Marina Beach Club was inland a bit (not on the water). The latter (Casa Marina Beach Club) is not currently shown on the AMHSA Marina website; www.amhsamarina.com

Could this be the one to which you are referring?

Gregg

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Closed Resorts/hotel

jtownsucks46 said:
I just got home from staying at the casa marina reef for a week and was wondering about another resort just down the street owned by the same company and even carrying the name casa marina but it looked totally shut down. does anyone know anything about it?

When you were there were you able to access both the Reef and the Beach at Casa Marina? Ii is actually one lbig resort divided in half. Which way was this closed resort? Was it to the right or left when you were at the front by reception?

Since I have been going to Puerto Plata, I have never seen the Casa Marina Beach Club listed anywhere.

Mind you while we were walking around there were some resorts or hotels that did look kind of closed, ( that is to say there was no activity at all).

So I am really curious which hotel this is.

jtownsucks46

Mar 21, 2006
yes, i believe it was called the beach club. as you exit the reef lobby, you'd want to turn left on the street and walk about 2 or 3 blocks down. it's on the left and still looks totally intact with curtains at the windows and what not but the grounds i could see from the street looked run down. i was just curious as to why it closed as it was obviously owned by the same company as the beach/reef which seems to do very good business. i wanted to explore the site some more but i didn't notice it til my 2nd to last day of my trip.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I'll guess you are talking about Club Marina, which is next to Hotel Don Andres. Think it has been mostly closed the last 5 years, but that they (Casa Marina) wash down some rooms and put some people there if they are full or overbooked during the high season.

jtownsucks46

Mar 21, 2006
maybe that's it. i really can't remember the name. interesting that they would close it if its still a useable property. i'm surprised they either haven't renovated it and reopened it or sold the property. it looked decent from the outside from what i could see.