Driving

fitat59

Feb 24, 2006
Can someone please help me with driving direction from Puerto Plata Airport to Samana, I get lost very easily. Thank You

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
POP airport to Samana

Turn left on to main road from airport, there may or may not be a sign for Nagua, but you want to turn left & go straight, keep going straight, for about 2 , 2 1/2 hours, when in Nagua you will want to go left again following signs for Sanchez - Samana, go straight again, pass Sanchez and keep going straight till Samana. and remember,, you can't get too lost cause it's an island. Safe Trip and Enjoy !

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Turn Left

fitat59 said:
Can someone please help me with driving direction from Puerto Plata Airport to Samana, I get lost very easily. Thank You

Depending on traffic, you'll be there in 3 to 4 hours. I'm not kidding, those are the directions. When you turn left out of the airport you are on the North coast highway (number 5). This road takes you all the way to Samana, passing through Sosua, Cabarete, Gaspar Herandez, Rio San Juan, Nagua and Sanchez on the way. The only tricky part is taking the correct "fork" in Nagua. Follow the signs to Sanchez/Samana. Otherwise, you just stay on the highway.

shuffine

Jan 17, 2006
Nagua turn to Sanchez/Samana

Just on other side of Nagua there will be a small island in the middle with s small sign pointing "left" towards Sanchez...it's a hard left and if you miss it....continue on and pull a u-turn and go back and take right..it's the only hard part of the drive.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The above posts have the: HB Seal of Approval :p:p:p

Excellent directions. Might want to mention to be on the watchout for small motorcyclists carrying 100 lb propane cylinders = The Dominican Atomic Bomb!!! :p:p

HB :D:D

Last edited: