What Types Of Checks Does D.r.........

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
wondering what type of checks the D.R immigration does when processing applications for citizneships.

i know they run an INTERPOL check...

but do they also contact other countries? (applicant's home countries) for example germany for a german applicant.. etc etc

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
boogieman said:
wondering what type of checks the D.R immigration does when processing applications for citizneships.

i know they run an INTERPOL check...

but do they also contact other countries? (applicant's home countries) for example germany for a german applicant.. etc etc

Don't worry, any negative records, even by INTERPOL, can be overriden with an appropriate bribe...

-

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
You probably have to provide a report by a police department that knows you. This is required when getting residency.

MarkusL1

May 3, 2004
The Interpol watch list is a very exclusive club and by invitation only. So you must have been a VERY bad boy in your country of origin to be part of this club list. And if a member of this list, I would worry about other things than dominican citizen ship...
By the way bribing: Never build you future on a lie - it will for sure bite you in the butt in the long run

boogieman

Mar 30, 2006
the reason i ask this is because there must be some sort of a loophole in the systems today.

if they DONT do any check on that person (other than interpol) than the passport being used can be one of a deceaed person.

let me give an example and PLEASE KEEP IN MIND im in no way advocating any breakin of the law nor am i in any way implying this method is used or has been used my myself or anybody that i know.. this is pure imagination:

ok...

person 'X' dies.

his relatives keep his passport which his brother 'XX' finds and is now gonna use to get into another country and start citizenship. they look alike so that the passport pic of dead person 'X' and his brother 'XX' are very similiar.

brother 'XX' can easily obtain a birth cert and a police record. interpol check is clean.
sounds TOO easy and a HUGE loophole in the system!

and stretching this even more...
what if the family of that deceased person sells his/her passport to somebody who looks a bit like the dead person.... i think you're getting the idea.

it would make sense that any govt/immigration would contact that country somehow... no???

quite disturbing i must admit..

Last edited:

mikeyone

Apr 16, 2003
Very Funny.

Dominicans want to be citizens of anywhere but DR.. You want to be a Citizen of DR... Fair exchange I guess.. M.