what's happening in the Bronx?

ade

Jun 14, 2005
Any good dR restaurants, clubs, places of interest etc in Bronx that I should visit - going out on 19 April - thanks;)

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
The best clubs and restaurants are in Washington Heights. Depending on where you are staying in the Bronx it could be less then two minutes away.

Potato_Salad

On Vacation!
Oct 13, 2005
ade said:
Any good dR restaurants, clubs, places of interest etc in Bronx that I should visit - going out on 19 April - thanks;)

ade, there are two places I recommend. :)

#1. "Malecon"

Their telephone number is 212-927-3812

The address is 4141 Broadway (175th street)
New York, NY, 10033

They have all kinds of Dominican food and drinks. Its very delicious.

I went with a friend of mine. We ordered three Cokes, two entrees, and two appetizers and the total was $28 and something cents.

This restaurant also has two additional branches in other parts of NYC (You can find it in the website).

For more information, you can go to their website at www.maleconrestaurants.com

#2. Parrilla Steakhouse
Tel: 212-543-9500
Fax: 212-543-1884
3920 Broadway, NY, NY, 10032

ade

Jun 14, 2005
cheers

thanks for that - we're actually staing on long island and visiting friends in the Bronx - I believe it'll take us about 2 hours to get across there - any tips?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Tips

ade said:
thanks for that - we're actually staing on long island and visiting friends in the Bronx - I believe it'll take us about 2 hours to get across there - any tips?
Since you will need the Triboro Bridge DO Not go on a Friday nite during rush hour as the summer weekend season has started. Depending on the rest. you choose you might want to consider the Throgs Neck. Do a map quest search for alternate routes.
Try to schedule your visit on a night that the Yankees are NOT playing as usually all the bridges are a problem especially the Triboro as this leads right to the stadium--or better yet go to a game and then to dinner!!

Good luck.

JOHNE

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
johne said:
Since you will need the Triboro Bridge DO Not go on a Friday nite during rush hour as the summer weekend season has started. Depending on the rest. you choose you might want to consider the Throgs Neck. Do a map quest search for alternate routes.
Try to schedule your visit on a night that the Yankees are NOT playing as usually all the bridges are a problem especially the Triboro as this leads right to the stadium--or better yet go to a game and then to dinner!!

Good luck.

JOHNE
Good advice. Yankee stadium traffic along the Deegan is brutal if you hit it right before the game starts or soon after it breaks.

And Fridays going north in the summertime from 3pm until 7pm is brutal on Deegan (approaching Triboro). I know this very well as I have a house upstate NY and used to travel to NYC regularly. I always tried to time my trips to avoid the brutal traffic.

Larry

Last edited:

chola1978

Bronze
Mar 20, 2006
Hispaniola restaurant on 181 st on Washington Hights, Any Caridad resturant, Malecon it a must for their churrasco, Rancho Jubilee, New Jetset cafe on webster ave, Ibisa on 242 st., Their are several bridges that can get you back and fourth from the Bronx and Washington Hights. High Bridge, 207 bridge, Macombs bridge. This should al be good regarles if their a game or not. Yankee games if their @ night start @ 7PM so plan ahed you never know if trafic will be affected. Good Luck

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Larry said:
Good advice. Yankee stadium traffic along the Deegan is brutal if you hit it right before the game starts or soon after it breaks.

And Fridays going north in the summertime from 3pm until 7pm is brutal on Deegan (approaching Triboro). I know this very well as I have a house upstate NY and used to travel to NYC regularly. I always tried to time my trips to avoid the brutal traffic.

Larry
To the OP,
stay away from the Deegan, if you take the triboro get off in harlem and connect to the FDR going north to Dykman and two more blocks later, you are in the heart of Wash Heights. The Bronx have a couple of good discos, check out http://www.lafragancia.com/newsite2006/ for concerts in the Bronx. I missed "Jimmy's Bronx Cafe":cry:

ade

Jun 14, 2005
thanks

Thanks for all the info and advice - can't wait> I have been to NYC lots of times but never the Bronx or any latino restaurants so it will be a great new adventure.

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
And whatever you do...

do NOT get on the Cross-Bronx Expressway during any time of the day OR night.