please help!!!!

ash

May 7, 2006
hey guys i am new to the forum. i have been reading things on the forum for a while now and find all the info very usefull. it is a great website and i give props to everyone who helps all these prople needing questions answered, so i am hoping you can help me, i have been seeing someone from the dr for a year and a bit now. i have been there 4 times in that period of time and i am plalning to move there within the next 6-8 months for the fact that it is so much easier for me to live there then for him to come move to canada, we are in the process of applying for a temp res visa so hw can come meet my family for two weeks, we have all the papers and docs needed, we are providing a letter to state that we are inviting hime to come visit for a per of time and that we a responsible for all the expenses, i am lloking for some info or stories of people who have got or not rec trvs to visit cananda b/c i have no info on what is req, if they will allow him to come, what they look at to allow someonw from dr to come visit, i hear so many stories that of he don't have lots of money, own house he will not get it, jesus they man is only young, i would just like any input, stories good and bad from anyone, i would really appreciate it .....please anything at all
thank you

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
ash said:
please help me anyone!!!
Don't want to rain on your parade, but you have a snowball's chance in hell to get a visa. It's more difficult for a Dominican to get a visa for Canada than for the USA. Do a search. You'll find a lot of info. Good Luck.

ash

May 7, 2006
just to get a vistors visa, is there anyone who has tried for a vistors visa to canada or have any other info on way it is so difficult

ash

May 7, 2006
i have done a lot of searching and all i seem to find is the reg info from the embassys, " fill out the applications and that there is no gaurantee that a visa will be approved to visit, i can not get any real info or stories from people who have tried to get a trv for canada, if you have any websites or anything that would help me would be great thanks

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
The reason you can't find many stories about people succeeding in getting a tourist visa to Canada is that Canada issues extremely few visitor's visas.

You need to show that the person applying has extremely good reason to return to their own country. That's the hard part for anyone coming from a third world country.

Have you seen the website?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/index.html

ash

May 7, 2006
yes i have already seen this sight, it just seems wierd that we can have so many dominicans living in canada of all ages but to get a trv is near inpossible, do most of them get here b/c they marry or what, b/c we are not ready to marry, i am sorry if i sound so stupid when asking these questions but the more info i can get ther better, i am moving there so that we can be together, and who knows what will happen just like any relationship, but for years down the road and we decide to marry " if it happens" i don't want him to be rejected a visa if i want to move back to canada b.c of some stupid trv that he was not approved for many years ago, b/c i am sure they keep all that on file, any thoughts from anyone would be appreciated thanks

tyles suarez

May 5, 2006
Ash,

Well sounds to me like you are going to have a difficult time. Be careful of the men here I know a friend of mine has been through all that **** and found out he had his girlfriend in his village and she had already mothered two of his children.
Maybe I can do some investigating for you........great at it! What's his name and where does he live and where- most importantly does he work?
I don't mean to **** on your bonfire but its best to find out some background about this guy before you go through the hassle!
Let me know

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Going to live in the DR is a very good idea, gives you a chance to know him better. If the time comes that you do want to get married then you can look at a different kind of application.

Unfortunately if he doesn't have a good job ( resort workers at the bottom of the list sorry) and a letter from his employer stating that he may return to his position, money in the bank, at least 10,000 USD that have been in there for at least two years and he owns property the chances of him getting a visitor's visa now called (temp. res. visa) are extremely slim.

Last edited:

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
AnnaC said:
Going to live in the DR is a very good idea, gives you a chance to know him better. If the time comes that you do want to get married then you can look at a different kind of application.

Unfortunately if he doesn't have a good job ( resort workers at the bottom of the list sorry) and a letter from his employer stating that he may return to his position, money in the bank, at least 10,000 USD that have been in there for at least two years and he owns property the chances of him getting a visitor's visa now called (temp. res. visa) are extremely slim.
A friend of the family (Male-Not Sankie-Not Resort Worker) Employed by Producto Sosua 12+ years, good income, US$ and RD$ credit cards with US$5,000.00 limit, ownes his home (No mortgage), has own truck, has a carpenter shop employing his father and brothers, married with 2 kids, had letter from Producto Sosua granting him 4 weeks vacation, had invitation letter from a member of our family who was putting him up at his house, etc. etc.- Bottom Line = No visa. And they don't have to give you a reason.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Eddy that's why I said extremely few and chances are very slim. Sometimes it doesn't make sense.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Without An Eyeopener

ash said:
... it just seems wierd that we can have so many dominicans living in canada of all ages but to get a trv is near inpossible...
Well, had you been born earlier...
Maybe they have realized that 'nuff is 'nuff.

Do marry him and take him away from here.
It's better than coming here and finding out that marrying him is not so good after all.

m'frog

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
mountainfrog said:
Well, had you been born earlier...
Maybe they have realized that 'nuff is 'nuff.
Do marry him and take him away from here.
It's better than coming here and finding out that marrying him is not so good after all.m'frog
Ash, if you love him, move down here for a year or so. If things work out, marry him and start the paperwork. Will take 1 year or so. Some Dominicans make good husbands. Trina can vouch for that. But don't expect the process to be fast and easy.