Where Can I find the best ice cream in Cabarete?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nini

Jul 28, 2005
Hi everyone,

I LOVE ice cream and the AI i usually stay in doesnt serve any. So I'd like to know where I can find the most scrumptious ice cream in Cabarete. Thanks for ur input. Surfs up! :cool:

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
Nini said:
Hi everyone,

I LOVE ice cream and the AI i usually stay in doesnt serve any. So I'd like to know where I can find the most scrumptious ice cream in Cabarete. Thanks for ur input. Surfs up! :cool:

Helados Bon works every time.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Robert said:
I agree, best ice-cream in the DR!
With all due respect, even Bon's Premium Ice Creams are mass produced garbage. Try Mariposa, across from Central Park in Puerto Plata. Homemade Ice Cream. Maybe 20% more expensive than Bon, but well worth it.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
HOWMAR said:
With all due respect, even Bon's Premium Ice Creams are mass produced garbage. Try Mariposa, across from Central Park in Puerto Plata. Homemade Ice Cream. Maybe 20% more expensive than Bon, but well worth it.

Have you ever been to the Bon factory?

Please tell me what you know about Bon ice-cream.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Robert said:
Have you ever been to the Bon factory?

Please tell me what you know about Bon ice-cream.
The only thing that counts. How it tastes. Mariposa and Bon are a block apart in Puerto Plata. The only people eating Bons Ice Cream are the people that won't pay for the quality of Mariposa. BTW, have you tried Mariposa?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I have eaten chocolate ice-cream in maybe 10-12 different countries, yet to find one that I like as much as Bon's organic one.

But hey, your right again... who would have thought people could have varying taste buds.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Robert said:
I have eaten chocolate ice-cream in maybe 10-12 different countries, yet to find one that I like as much as Bon's organic one.

But hey, your right again... who would have thought people could have varying taste buds.
You're absolutely right about different tastes to different people. One thing that does turn me off to Bon is the fact that they sell both a standard ice cream and their organic line. They are in fact telling you that their standard line is garbage.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
HOWMAR said:
...They are in fact telling you that their standard line is garbage.

This statement is garbage. Geez ... we eat mainly organic food but we won't stay hungry if we cannot get it. Some people don't care and some people do. If a business offers two lines, they are catering to two markets.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Ben & Jerry's, Haagan Dazs etc do the same, I wonder why that is?

I'll be sure to send Bon your name as you appear to be a very forward thinking ice-cream marketing expert! jejejeje

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
Well I guess to put this in prospective, instead of referring to Bon's Ice Cream as
best ice-cream in the DR!
More accurately it should read: "Some of their ice cream is the best that I have tasted in the DR!" I would really be interested to see if you will stand by this after tasting Mariposa.

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
luzcace said:
Did you try the ice cream at Cariatides? Italian ice cream, hazel nut beeing my favorite
Very good Italian style gelato, less creamy and denser.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Getting away from the Bon-Mariposa war, hasn't anybody tried that ice cream that is sold in the fruits, themselves?
I can't remember the brand name, but Dr. Gideon was one of the distributors, and I remember the chinola coming in a passion fruit shell, as well as the coconut.
Anyway, I haven't seen it for years, but it was sold in Cabarete.
Is it no longer available?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Rocky said:
Getting away from the Bon-Mariposa war, hasn't anybody tried that ice cream that is sold in the fruits, themselves?
I can't remember the brand name, but Dr. Gideon was one of the distributors, and I remember the chinola coming in a passion fruit shell, as well as the coconut.
Was it Liza or Leza?

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Rocky said:
What would they sweeten it with?
It's usual sweetened with Splenda (or something similar); which is much better than the Sugar alcohols (sorbitol, mannitol, etc) which they us in sugar free chocolate.

Rocky said:
If it's chemical, I'll go for the sugar, myself.
Unfortunately, some of us have no choice.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Rocky said:
Anyway, I haven't seen it for years, but it was sold in Cabarete.
Is it no longer available?

I loved that stuff. Never forget the first time we visited the DR and simply sat outside the Supermercado Playero eating one and buying another and eating that one too. Its a pity if these are no longer available. Never knew Gideon was one of the distributors but I'll ask him for the recipes for sure...

The best icecream is what we make at home - fresh fruit, honey and natural yoghurt - an icecream maker and walla!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The Power of Suggestion...

Despite having no plans to do so, somehow, after walking the dog, then going to a baseball game, I landed up at Helados Bon in Charamicos, eating chocolate ice cream.
Now, will you please stop talking about food, or I'm going to get so fat, I'll have to buy new clothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.