Hotel Europa is it really that bad?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
Hello I rented an Apartment in Sosua for a week in June. I searched through a website I liked the pictures, spoke to the owner directly and booked it. Now she told me to pick up the keys at the reception desk in Hotel Europa. From the reviews I've been reading I heard that this is not good hotel, men go there with hookers ect, ect is this true?? Anyone knows the area around there. I am assuming the the Apartment conmplex is not in the Hotel but its right next to it. I am having second thoughts...

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
The Europa and their guest house, are both guest friendly, so if this might offend you, you'll have to find another alternative.
There are some hotels that do not allow clients to bring guests in, and there are condos in Sosua that might fit your requirements, as well.
That being said, I like the Europa and the guest house, as long as no neighbours are getting out of hand.

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
Its in the guest houses, One bed room apartments.??. can you be more specific , is it really loud ? So I am assuming this is not a family oriented , even though we are not bringing our kids I certainly don't want to see hookers roaming around....

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I don't think you will see many hookers "roaming around" at the Europa, but you definately will see them returning to the rooms with the male residents. In addition, the hotel is directly across the street from 2 outdoor bars and a strip club/puta bar where dozens of working girls will be present, sitting and roaming from about 11 PM on, (and some during the day as well.) Welcome to Sosua.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I didn't say it wasn't! It may not be where you want to stay however. As Rockey said, there are places in Sosua which are a bit more remote from the night life and more "family oriented".

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
so in general did you stay at the guest house condos ? or in the rooms.. How is the rest, & pool area.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Nyeden said:
so in general did you stay at the guest house condos ? or in the rooms.. How is the rest, & pool area.
There is little difference between the two.
What is now called the guest houses, is actually the old Plaza Sosua hotel, now renovated similarly to the Europa, both owned & operated by the same people.
There is no restaurant there, at this point in time, and when it does open, it will not be the type of ambience you want.
It's pretty clear to me that you will feel uncomfortable in this environment, so you might consider a more family oriented hotel or condo.
We can certainly make suggestions, if you like.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Nyeden, ask Rocky (Marco) about the place just down the street from Rocky's.
I have stayed there, it's nice, clean and a family type place.
Sitting at the back at the pool, you would have no idea you was in Sosua.

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
Robert said:

I was just going to say the same thing, WB. Ask Rocky about the Kraut place...I mean German Hotel on his street. It was very reasonable, very clean and comfortable. I have stayed there as well as the Europa. No comparison.

Or you could rent a real condo for the week. PM alinindr, he has several great places that are walking distance to anything you need.

Scandall

Nyeden

Sep 2, 2005
Thanks for your suggestion.. I was told by the owner of the Condo.. that its is a seperate complex across the street from the Hotel Europa. she just has an agreement with them to hold the keys. I did wish however that I would had consulted here , before I booked..

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Robert said:

I stayed here my last visit to Sosua. I like the place very much. The room was small but comfortable and the place was QUIET. Beautiful pool but no one was in it. I was there 2 days and never heard a peep. I will stay there again.

I have stayed in the Europa a bunch of times. The rooms are nice and clean and I was always happy staying there. However, in the past couple of years, the area immediately outside and to the right of the Eurpoa has become a bigg hangout for undesirables and as a result, there are alot of them coming into and out of the hotel They sit right outside the hotel and in the lobby and proposition people.

Larry

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Robert said:
What's the name of the hotel and what does it cost per night?

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
I'm thinking that you might want to try an A1 maybe Casa Marina,(depending on how much you want to spend). It close to town, Sosua Beach and it is family oriented.

Status
Not open for further replies.