NY Shark Bar

tarrantino

Jan 12, 2006
Does anyone know if the Shark Bar has reopened and where? I think I remember hearing that it was closing, but someone told me that it is reopening.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Lou reopened on Pedro Clisante under the same name "New York Shark Bar", across from Harrisons just past the old Moby Dick on the same side. Look for the yellow neon
lights!

He makes a mean Hamburger and Nathan's style fries.

amanacer

Dec 29, 2005
Open late nights. Just after you pass faded Moby Dick and a guy who sells hot dogs, look a bit up.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
shark bar

he makes a great hamburger.We have to get him to have a steady happy hour.Please tell him that when you go and bring him police memorabalia., he love it from anywhere.,

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Beads said:
im all excited hes open late! I hated being hungry in Sosua after midnight !
No kidding.
The other late night options in Sosua are risky, at best.
Lou's food is not only safe, but darn good.

Beads

Bronze
May 21, 2006
yep cant wait to see the new place too. it was under construction in February when I was last there . 6 more weeks and ill be there for late night munchies!

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I can almost guarantee if you and your 19 friends show up at The NY Shark Bar & say hi to Big Lou a few local ladies might just show up and visit ya'll!

Stop in and tell Lou the day before and he will cook up one of his "all you can eat" buffet's of NY style sausage n peppers and ziti and stuff.

Last edited:

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Low key

THE BACHELOR said:
Can anyone tell me if there are any ladies to meet at the Shark Bar?

Thank you.

The Bachelor

A couple of "low key" girls sit there. They are good mannered and do not bother you at all. This is what Big Lou wants at his place and the girls know this.

Big Lou is a generous man almost to a fault. If you haven't stopped in to get to know this man I suggest you should. If you are in law enforcement, fire departments, EMS or the military please bring down an old "class A" uniform shirt and Big Lou will love to display it along with all of ours that are already there.

amigoted

RD$35 and a Ham Sandwich!
Nov 12, 2003
The Shark Bar is definetly the best late night restaurant in Sosua! Lou doesn't have a steady menu yet,but you can be sure whatever he's cooking will be great! I live right next door and find it impossible to go home without stopping in! He also has satelite radio so the music is fantastic (Classic Rock!)
Ted

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Tamborista said:
Lou reopened on Pedro Clisante under the same name "New York Shark Bar", across from Harrisons just past the old Moby Dick on the same side. Look for the yellow neon
lights!
For those like me that are geographically challenged, just look for the goldien arches.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
July 4th Party

Lou is having a big party on July 4th with all kinds of good food!

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Finally got it running!

LOL, yes, the golden arches of yellow neon lights! Lou has finally got his "dream" going. Not stale hot dog buns here, or "nasty what do you call its" either. Col "John" from the states brought down a side of US beef and we feasted on 2 lb Porter House steaks one night and assorted steaks and chops the rest of the week. We had some authentic corned beef and cabbage for St Patrick's Day. You just never know what goodies Lou has for you there!

6 TVs with his sattelite radio playing classic rock! NY style bar with a fully stocked bar of anything you want from a "real Bailey's Irish Cream" to a Johnny Walker Blue he's got it.

Ahhh, he is closed on Tuesday guys. But he will open if you arrange a "private party" with him on that day. Call for more info (at night) 809-571-2764.

Joe Boots

Jun 16, 2008
I havent heard anything about Lou and the Shark Bar for a long time. Sosua used to be my haunt untill I moved to Juan Dolio. Any news? Considering a visit for ol times sake.