Barahona Airport.........

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
.........does anyone know what airlines fly in and out of this airport......I have found it very hard to find any info regarding this airport.

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
yep...none

.......millions spent on a very beautiful airport.....AA tried to serve it...caribe air too....no sustained tourism....therefore no flights....but let me tell you, we were able to really see how fast we could drive up and down the airstrip in the past....best roads in the Dominican Republic....and without any other traffic!

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
If Felucho

gets his way and they build all of those hotels, maybe there will be enough demand to schedule flights there.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
Barahona

I just left there 3 weeks ago...It is now mainly used as a military base for helicopters patrolling the coast for those little boats carring illegal substances from South America...

Apr 26, 2002
Maria Montez Int'l

No hope for Barahona Maria Montez Int'l. It was a boondogle to begin with. Barahona is fabulous, but severely limited as a tourist destination. Look for hotel development further south at the Bahia de las Aguilas and possible redevelopment of the Cabo Rojo military airport for civilian use.