Heterosexual, homosexual and now Metrosexual? What the hell...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
After convincing people that one is heterosexual and certainly not a homosexual (as if its not confusing enough) now we have to worry about yet another term, ?metro-sexual?? I had heard this term in NYC but I simply brushed it off as another term for homosexual lifestyle. Then I started to hear more and more of this arcane term from mostly flashy Manhattan Jevito guys with pink shirt with green flowered ties in olive suits. These guys not only talked like ?banana eaters? but they certainly dressed like one. Still I didn?t take any notice of it.
Then all of a sudden I started to hear this term used more and more by some jevitos in Santiago. Turns out that many guys who take a good care of themselves (like women) ex: having their nails done, pedicure, facial jobs at the salon, have their eye brows trimmed, removed hair from body parts and use slight make-up to hide their skin flaws are calling themselves ?Metrosexuals?. To me this didn?t seem like a new invented behavior because the gays have been following this trend for a long time yet no one questioned. Now that many guys who claim to be straight and are either confused in accepting this gayish behavior or are actually secret closet ?bun-pumpious? who are making another lame attempt in 2006 to become accepted in the general public by labeling their lifestyle as yet another mainstream fashion hype.
I was in NY having dinner with some doctors and one Pakistani neurosurgeon in green tie and olive suit with 5 buttons and brown rare skin shoes was making a remark at my other friend?s shirt which happened to be pink. He said ?I must say, you look so macho and bold in this pink shirt?.?. I was left with my mouth open because as we were leaving the house, almost all of us (close friends) were calling him lord dildonious, gay etc. He simply laughed us off but when I heard these complements, I failed to see anything macho with wearing pink shirts.
I was later told by my other friends that the neurologist was metro-sexual so he finds such colors appealing. This guy has a serious girlfriend yet he dresses up like gays. GOD help us all.
Back to Santiago.
When I was questioned over the metro-sexual life style by a santiaguera, I quickly set her head straight. I told her that she not be sold to this term so easily. Real men don?t dream about going to beauty salons to have their eye lashes done, or to have their eye brows trimmed or to have their hair color changed and certainly they never shave their legs like women do. These guys are all gays or gays-wanna-be?s. No real man feels proud to have make-up in social gatherings. So please erase this term from your mind. There is no such thing as metrosexual, just heterosexual and homosexual. Case closed.
AZB

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Eh? The first time I met what is now known as a 'Metrosexual' was a straight Dominican man who goes for manicures. That and other grooming/sharp dressing has been standard practice among DR men for years before the metrosexual term was coined. I think it applies more to slobbish western (for want of a better term, but you know what I mean) men realising that it is desirable to wash more often and take care of their appearance, than Latin men, for most of whom this is nothing new.

Jan 5, 2006
Going for manicures and being a sharp, stylish dresser does not make someone a "metrosexual". The term is more closely associated with tendencies that are considered "more gay", such as trimming/waxing eyebrows, coloring or highlighting hair, wearing make-up and exhibiting female-like behavior or manerisms.

IMO, a man can be clean, take good care of himself and be a sharp, stylish dresser, yet remain masculine. I have to agree with AZB and say that when a man crosses into what I have described as "metrosexual", he really is a homosexual in denial.

something_of_the_night

Has left the building...
Feb 7, 2006
So, I guess shaving my armpits and pubic hair is considered gay, too? I'm in trouble then.

Next they'll equate the car you drive with manhood or lack of it.

Saab, Volvo, Fiat = gay

Jeepet?n and F150s = muy mucho very macho. Muy, pero que muy macho!

Food - Burgers = macho; fruits for breakfast = gay
Drinks - Brugal = macho; water = gay
Footwear - Boots = gay; laced-up shoes = macho

Lefthandedness = gay

Republican/anti-commie = macho

Jay Leno fan = macho; Stephen Colbert fan = gay

Church-going = macho; gardening/exercising = gay

Windows PC = MACHO; Mac addicts = gay

Football = macho; f?tbol = gay

Man-oh-man!... here's hoping she never finds out

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
We took some pictures of the group in darkness with flash. All guys came out normal except for Mr. metrosexual, he clearly had make-up on. He looked like a queer with shiny transparent lipstick and some powder on the face. Funny how a camera flash brings details forward what the darkness of the night hides.
I have no problem with men bathing and grooming and even having their nails done to perfection but when they start to put on slight makeup, straighten out the eye lashes and trim eye brows and start to wear pink shirts with light green ties; to me, they have crossed the line.
AZB

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
something_of_the_night said:
So, I guess shaving my armpits and pubic hair is considered gay, too? I'm in trouble then.
Why the hell are you shaving your pubes for???

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
no surprise here....

On AZB's latest compulsory sojourn to the dreaded and hated USA he has mentioned the one bright spot....he found another group of individuals to hate and insult..people that wash and dress nice and fix their Uhh "hair".

The only bright side is though I have never had the honor, priviledge or desire to go to Pakistan, nor am I a hypocrite who would venture to a place that I hold in such disdain, as AZB does the U.S., I have had the opportunity to see and smell a few Pakistanis. This experience leads me to just one conclusion in which AZB may take some solace. It is very unlikely that the idea of regular grooming and extreme cleanliness will ever take hold in Pakistan.

Next Trip feel free to go back home where you won't be bothered by the "clean people".

Rich

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Ruffino1974, sorry didn't know you were gay too, OHH,, I mean metrosexual. Didn't mean to pinch your nerve. Go ahead, be a man and shave your pubes. I don't care.
AZB

Ruffino1974

Jun 7, 2003
you are too funny,

Great comeback from AZB the Anonymyous " I'm better then anyone else, especially those damn Dominicans that have the nerve to live in the Dominican Republic" intellectual debater of DR1. Name calling..lol..you just made my day..if i didn't think you would fight me ferociously for it i would say it was I who got "your" goat.

Can't take some criticism...

Rich

Last edited:

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
According to AZB both Gaius Julius Ceaser and Trujillo were gay. :cheeky:

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
I know many men who do their nails and they are REAL MEN. I do think some guys are trying to bring out something from deep inside when they start wearing too much pink and over do it with the grooming. The rudged look is very attractive to a lot of women, not dirty but an intentional rudged look. When eyebrows are done in a discreet way is ok but some guys overdo it and its too obvious that they've waxed them. And the men purse has to go if u don't want to mistaken for being gay.

adagio_adeux

May 5, 2006
AZB,

Why would you worry if a guy is str8 or gay anyway...???

Surely the measure of a human being is more than his/her sexuality...or whether they groom themselves well or not !!

I've never been to Pakistan...however I can quite imagine that I'd rather meet one who takes an interest in his appearance and cleanliness than one who doesn't.

Personally I admire a person who has the guts to be different.

I also wonder if you have any underlying homophobic tendencies as well !!

Mike.

Status
Not open for further replies.