Has anybody got Dominican friends???

momita

May 17, 2006
Hi
I have been reding that forum since few days.
And i can not understand what happened with good side of Dom Rep.
I was there and I met most amazing people in the world. Nobody cheated me,nobody wants my money.
I HAD SHOTR TERM ROMANCE WITHOUT any promises.
He was happy,so was I.
Regarding Animation Group/Hotel workers
First of all they work very very hard. THEN DO NOT SAY SO MANY RUBBISH ABOUT THEM.
I met lots of turist enjoying their stay with their Dominican friends.
I mean friends Strictly friends to going out,clubbing and just for have a fun.
THEN pLEASE GIVE THEM A SMALL CHANCE and chill out.
Just give them a credit from the start and you will see how nice and faithfull ther are

Love you all
Momita;) ;) ;) ;)

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
momita said:
Hi
Just give them a credit from the start and you will see how nice and faithfull ther are

Love you all
Momita;) ;) ;) ;)
How much of a credit do you suggest to advance them?

canbon

Apr 28, 2006
wonderful friends

Hey momita, I am with you. I was only in Puerto Plata for a week but met some absolutely amazing people. I correspond with them regularly and they really brought a whole new meaning to my own life--they have nothing in the material aspect--but they know how to have fun, know how to relax and let loose and are the kindest people I have ever known. I feel like I have known them my whole life and it has only been 2 months.

You are right, the animation workers work so hard--long hours, always upbeat, always on the go. What they do is THEIR business--no one else's. The ladies they spend their time with--its THEIR business too--until they post it here for all to see that is! I cannot wait to go back and see all of the wonderful people I met--I have only been a member of DR1 for a short time and in that time, have not read many "warm" stories so I am happy to see your post!

It was very coincidental to see your name--"momita" on this post as I asked on this forum about its meaning last week.

momita

May 17, 2006
Hi Canbon
My hart is with you
I AM SO GLAD you think the same way
I almost lost my faith in people
Can you imagine you are the only person who agreed with me so far.
ReALY WOULD LIKE MEET you someday in Dominicana;)

Lots of positive vibrations
xxxxxMomita

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
I've got many Dominican friends AND family... so I do understand what you are saying about the country having some wonderful, kind and generous people. There are some of the most genuine people that I have ever met in the DR. However, just as any where else in the world, there ARE those who will take advantage of you, cheat you and definately want your money...AND of course the animation workers work hard... but don't get it wrong--MANNNY will clean you dry if given the opportunity... so ya, after all of that.. don't lose faith... but don't be blind to what is around you either...
Have a good night. xx

crm

May 5, 2004
Please

I appreciate that you have recieved male attention and want to talk yourself into believing that your resort slave is a great person....

Dominicans are friendly nice people but why would anybody want to be your friend after knowing you for one week? The reality is that they are your friend for socio-economic reasons. If you spend more than a month here you would find that out.

Stick with Dominicans who are friendly but don't jump through hoops to be your friends. Generally employed educated people will be friendly and courteous but will not be over the top like your kinky haired resort friends. You can have good Dominican friends but the ones who are truly your friends are not poor chopos. They are your equals and will become your friend over time.

momita

May 17, 2006
do not take that so serio

rellosk said:
I'm not sure the significance of Momita, but the thread Canbon was referring to, was asking about the meaning of mamita.

Yes ,yes "MAMITA" means prostitute .
But Momita is A DIFERENT STORY.

momita

May 17, 2006
HEY baby
Pay more attention!
I never said they are my friends!!!!
Have a good day
Momita

momita

May 17, 2006
wrr..

:ermm: Yes he is a great peron ....
and pay more attention to read Babe
I never said they my friends.
What do you realy mean................you think you are better than they are:bored: :surprised :ermm: because of socio-economic reasons
crm said:
Please

Dominicans are friendly nice people but why would anybody want to be your friend after knowing you for one week? The reality is that they are your friend for socio-economic reasons. If you spend more than a month here you would find that out.

ash

May 7, 2006
hey guys, just wondering why people say that everyone who works ona resort could not make friends in a week, are these people some kind of outcasts b.c they work on resorts, i mean there has to be people on this forum who work at resorts, when it is probably the biggest employment opp in dominican republic, i mean really how much of the population works at resorts, i mean maybe i am wrong, but don't you think that many of these people on the forum may take offense to someone saying that these people don't want to make friends or that they just work there to take advantage of people etc..., i mean my situaton i have friends there, and have been there a few times in the past year,they phone me and i phone them these people are my friends, i hope to move there soon and my "firends" are helping to find employment and a place to live, my friends are great people, and i don't believe that you can not make friends in one week, if they want to a make a friendship it takes two sides to build one, you and your friend. just my opinion, so i'll wait for the criticism. thanks

Angel_04

Sep 20, 2004
Hey Ash, I agree with you. Who says you can't make friends in a week?? There is no magic number in terms of how LONG it takes to make a true friend... sheesh. AND I've spent more than a month in the DR myself and I have found that sure there are people who will take advantage of you if given the chance... BUT to generalize and say that most will be your friend purely for "socioeconomic" gain is totally absurd... :ermm:

Mar 21, 2002
Angel_04 said:
Hey Ash, I agree with you. Who says you can't make friends in a week?? There is no magic number in terms of how LONG it takes to make a true friend... sheesh. AND I've spent more than a month in the DR myself and I have found that sure there are people who will take advantage of you if given the chance... BUT to generalize and say that most will be your friend purely for "socioeconomic" gain is totally absurd... :ermm:

In the DR, you can make a friend in a moment. Dominicans are naturally friendly.

Baby Girl

Sep 23, 2005
Angel_04 said:

Angel_04 ... I also agree with you,

While on a one week vacation I have met many Dominican people. Yes lots who work in resorts. Some people click with each other the first time they meet, others don't. There is no set limit of how long it takes to make a friend. It depends on the people and the situation.
If you have similar interest and get along, who cares if you have known them one day or 5 years. if there is common ground, you can be great friends from the get go.
People dont become friends with you for socioeconomic reasons, that is one of the biggest generalizations ever. Just becuase someone isnt in the same class as you, doesnt mean that a friendship isnt real. :ermm:

*Baby Girl

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Definition of " friend "so as to set the record straight

Webster's Dictionary definition--
a) one attached to another by affection or esteem
b)one that is of the same nation, party, or group
c) one that is not hostile

So--can you pick one of the above and relate it to a one week experience???
JOHN

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Jubilant About Friends

Baby Girl said:
...There is no set limit of how long it takes to make a friend. It depends on the people and the situation.
True.
But then it amazes me, how people who come here for a week talk about the awesome (!), fascinating, wonderful and genuine (!) people they met here.

Most of the visitors do not know much about the customs, the culture, nor do they speak the language and /or are aware of local connotations.

It's true while it only takes a few days to learn the meaning of "ma?ana", it takes years to find out what an "amigo" is or can be.

m'frog