Is it safe to fly in the DR?

Randy1

Apr 28, 2006
Is it really safe to fly on the local airlines in the Dominican Republic? I heard that there are in average three airplanes crashes a year in the Dominican Republic. Is it tru?? Isn't it too many for such a small nation? What do you think?

G

gary short

It's safer being locked in a room with a retarded chimpanzee thats armed with a shotgun than driving in the D.R.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Randy1 said:
Is it really safe to fly on the local airlines in the Dominican Republic? I heard that there are in average three airplanes crashes a year in the Dominican Republic. Is it tru?? Isn't it too many for such a small nation? What do you think?
I don't think those 3 average crashes per year are with local airlines.
The ones I have heard about are private planes.

Randy1

Apr 28, 2006
Very funny?!!!

Visit this link - Volar en Venezuela (Fly in Venezuela)

http://www.volarenvenezuela.com/vev/modules.php?name=News&file=categories&op=newindex&catid=19

and see how safe to fly it is in the South America.

I counted more than 60 aircraft crashes (most of them fatal) from 2004 to 2005 and several crashed this year already. I was shocked. It is too much I think. And not that funny at all. See the pictures and read the text if you know Spanish.

I heard of more than three fatal crashes (all on-board killed) happened lately here in the DR. This is only what I've heard of. Is it that safe here as it is in Venezuela?

Last edited: