Caribbean Coral

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
whose endangered species list? [I don't have a NYT subscription, so no ready access to the info.] If the US, this will not help coral in the DR. If the CITES list, then maybe...

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Will send you the article. It states... "The inclusion of the elkhorn and staghorn, two species of Caribbean coral, was a welcome first for the list, prompted by a task force on coral reefs established by President Bill Clinton and continued by the Bush administration."

For further info, an organization called AGRA is at the moment surveying reefs from Monte Cristi through Punta Rucia. I have not spoken with them but they are supposed to contact me for a meeting, which Reef Check is supposed to arrange (lots of arrangements, little action....);)

Just a added note ... do the NYT subscription online .. I have had it for years, never had a piece of spam and its nice to read the NYT on a Sunday Morning here in the DR...

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Chris said:
For further info, an organization called AGRA is at the moment surveying reefs from Monte Cristi through Punta Rucia. I have not spoken with them but they are supposed to contact me for a meeting, which Reef Check is supposed to arrange (lots of arrangements, little action....);)
That reminds me! I have had a piece on Reef Check's work in the DR pending for the Green Team blog [as a follow-up to the reef series] for two months now -- time to actually pull it together and post it. :paranoid: Now if I can just find a spare hour or two to do it... :ermm: