Taxi Rates SDQ to Zona Colonial

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
With the price of gas being way up I was wondering if the price of a cab SDQ-Zona Colonial(Parque Independencia) has gone up. Posts from March put it at around RD 1000 or $US32. Is it still the same?

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
From where to where exactly?

We've taken a taxi from Villa Mella all the way to Metro Tours and it was only like $150 RD...around $5 USD...

Did they take you for a ride, literally???

MQ

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Musicqueen said:
From where to where exactly?

We've taken a taxi from Villa Mella all the way to Metro Tours and it was only like $150 RD...around $5 USD...

Did they take you for a ride, literally???
I think BPL888 is asking for the price from the airport (SDQ) to the Zona Colonial. $32US sounds about right.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Only because if you're taking the taxi from the airport they know you're a tourist...It shouldn't cost more than $20 for that trip...

MQ

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
Price from the Airport to Zona Colonial

Musicqueen said:
Only because if you're taking the taxi from the airport they know you're a tourist...It shouldn't cost more than $20 for that trip...

MQ

Sunday June 4th
Taxi Rondon Zona Colonial to SDQ 600rd,

May 9th Using Airport Taxi (NOT a TOURIST) they have a set trip price posted
Taxi from SDQ to Zona Colonial 900rd

BPL888

Sep 7, 2004
Hard To hide the Fact

Being lilly white, traveling to a tourist area, and with only a fair grasp of spanish it is a little difficult to hide the fact that I am, indeed, a tourist, though it is my fouth visit to the capital. Is there a strategy to avoid being overcharged? I have considered negotiating with someone in the throng outside the door of the airport, but having spent a little time standing on that sidewalk waiting for a friend I found some of that crowd to be a little "slippery". I have also been warned to avoid "gypsie" cabs as they sometimes can be problems. Is there a second line of legitmate cabs beyond the first line of "union" cabs at the curb just outside? Does it make that much difference? On my last trip I negotiated a RD 1000 fair with a "union" cab. With a fair amount of baggage and it being 95 degrees I am inclined to take the shortest route to my first Presedente. I was just wondering if the price of gasoline has caused the cabbies to raise their rates. I most likely will be taking a few cabs in the capital to avoid arriving at my destinations soaking wet (another sign of a tourist). Thanks for all your help. Brian

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
BPL888 said:
Being lilly white, traveling to a tourist area, and with only a fair grasp of spanish it is a little difficult to hide the fact that I am, indeed, a tourist, though it is my fouth visit to the capital. Is there a strategy to avoid being overcharged? I have considered negotiating with someone in the throng outside the door of the airport, but having spent a little time standing on that sidewalk waiting for a friend I found some of that crowd to be a little "slippery". I have also been warned to avoid "gypsie" cabs as they sometimes can be problems. Is there a second line of legitmate cabs beyond the first line of "union" cabs at the curb just outside? Does it make that much difference? On my last trip I negotiated a RD 1000 fair with a "union" cab. With a fair amount of baggage and it being 95 degrees I am inclined to take the shortest route to my first Presedente. I was just wondering if the price of gasoline has caused the cabbies to raise their rates. I most likely will be taking a few cabs in the capital to avoid arriving at my destinations soaking wet (another sign of a tourist). Thanks for all your help. Brian
Just pay the posted rate. As you said, you ARE a tourist. You're on vacation. Unless you're the type of person that enjoys negotiating, why waste your time trying to save $300RD?