clubs in santo domingo

rich17

May 1, 2006
is it true that the upper middle class in DR do not listen to bachata or similar "poor people" music. are they so shallow? i imagine they closet listeners.lol

M.A.R.

Silver
Feb 18, 2006
rich17 said:
is it true that the upper middle class in DR do not listen to bachata or similar "poor people" music. are they so shallow? i imagine they closet listeners.lol

yeap ur are correct. I don't think they even dance at their weddings, boring!!!

jaguarbob

Bronze
Mar 2, 2004
bachata

rich17 said:

what's bachata got to do with anything..meringue is the music of this great country...and listened to by all classes...bachata is the country and western of the dr..listened to by all also...
and some like r&r,regaton and my neighbor,who is also poor,likes classical and jazz...
so what's the point????
bob

rich17

May 1, 2006
jaguarbob said:
what's bachata got to do with anything..meringue is the music of this great country...and listened to by all classes...bachata is the country and western of the dr..listened to by all also...
and some like r&r,regaton and my neighbor,who is also poor,likes classical and jazz...
so what's the point????
bob

the point is that the poor listen to all types of music regardless of its class. whereas the rich ,the majority, wouldnt want to be associated with music the poor or lower middle class listen to, regardless if they actually like the music or not.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Rich:

Please stop generalizing, you are continuing to demonstrate your ignorance.
I listen to every genre of music and do not buy your socioeconomic musical prejudice.
Shhhhh, please don't tell anyone I have a Frank Reyes CD!

Lemme know when the new car wash is opening.

Mar 21, 2002
Go to www.bufeo.com and that will answer your question. Deepdish, Tenaglia, Van Dyk is what the upper class likes to be associated with. I doubt you'll see them in Candy or the East Side Club, LOL a.k.a. Chopo City, LOL. Well except for me, Curious George!

The clubs they go to are similar to the best venues in South Beach- Bed, Lounge, TreBol, etc.

Check out that slick site.

rich17

May 1, 2006
Onions&carrots said:
Go to www.bufeo.com and that will answer your question. Deepdish, Tenaglia, Van Dyk is what the upper class likes to be associated with. I doubt you'll see them in Candy or the East Side Club, LOL a.k.a. Chopo City, LOL. Well except for me, Curious George!

The clubs they go to are similar to the best venues in South Beach- Bed, Lounge, TreBol, etc.

yes, i have visited the site, i thought it was european..lol....

rich17

May 1, 2006
Tamborista said:
Rich:

Please stop generalizing, you are continuing to demonstrate your ignorance.
I listen to every genre of music and do not buy your socioeconomic musical prejudice.
Shhhhh, please don't tell anyone I have a Frank Reyes CD!

Lemme know when the new car wash is opening.
like i said ,most of the rich folks are this way, you must be one of the few that isnt prejudice. and ill let you know if and when i open the lounge( carwash might be too dangerous)

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
rich,
The upper-class clubs will have a more diversed music selection from American music, Spanish Rock & Pop and other genres, but all Dominicans listen to Bachata and Merengue. Now you won't see upper-class Dominicans dancing and singing down the street with radios tuned into their favorite song, because they are very conservative. These clubs try to set themselves apart from the local tipico and disco. I saw Tono Rosario at Francifol in Santiago and it was packed.

Werner

Feb 19, 2004
The fact that tickets for a party with Deep Dish, Danny T. and so on are going for 800 pesos and more says enough, I would think. ;)

rich17

May 1, 2006
Ricardo900 said:
rich,
The upper-class clubs will have a more diversed music selection from American music, Spanish Rock & Pop and other genres, but all Dominicans listen to Bachata and Merengue. Now you won't see upper-class Dominicans dancing and singing down the street with radios tuned into their favorite song, because they are very conservative. These clubs try to set themselves apart from the local tipico and disco. I saw Tono Rosario at Francifol in Santiago and it was packed.

ok ricardo900, i think you are right! i have been to these clubs as well ,very diversed with the music. except when it comes to playing bachata, or tipico. usually you here about two bachata songs and one tipico, and thats it!? dominicans should be more proud of there own music.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Bed Lounge isn't that hot anymore, haha

Onions&carrots said:

Not even close, this is hilarious............. :D :D

Maybe Praia and Taboo Bamboo are similar but the comparison doesn't even make sense. Try putting a place like Praia next to a club like Mansion, the hottest club in the US of A and it just doesn't make sense whatsoever................thanks for making me laugh O&C :D ..........and www.bonche.com is a better site anyways

Mar 21, 2002
Jon S. said:
Not even close, this is hilarious............. :D :D

Maybe Praia and Taboo Bamboo are similar but the comparison doesn't even make sense. Try putting a place like Praia next to a club like Mansion, the hottest club in the US of A and it just doesn't make sense whatsoever................thanks for making me laugh O&C :D ..........and www.bonche.com is a better site anyways

Mansion is hot for who, well financed thugs. Haven't you heard how SB is going to pot? They just won't do away with the Memorial Day crowd. SB used to have a decent European clientele years ago but they have left for greener pastures. The Electronic music conference used to be authentic but now its become commercialized, unoriginal.

I was referring to when SB was SB. Hip, innovative and in style. SB has seen its best days behind it, before that thug hang out called Mansion which has seen multiple murders. They just can't turn away those hip hop stars bc of their moola even if they bring crime, drugs and prostitution in.

SB and Boca Chica are twin sisters when it comes to whores.

Jon S.

Bronze
Jan 25, 2003
Of course SoBe isn't as hot as it used to be back in the mid to late 90s, it's become a different place, just like New York, LA, Paris, just about any other place where the Eurotrash set hangs out as well, it's all about what's trendier at the moment. The drugs, prostitution and Eurotrash were all there back then, things haven't really changed that much. I don't even patronize any establishments down there anymore, downtown Miami is much better.

I just put Mansion as an example, even though my personal preference is to not even cross the bridge. Anyways, to stay on topic, clubs in DR don't suck as much as they used to but it's funny to try to compare to anything here in the US. The crowds are pretentious and fake, everyone trying to impress each other, a lot of inmature people for the most part, specially the "viejev@s" that patronize those establishments. Not to say there aren't any good places to go to, because I like to go to Retro and other spots, but it ain't the same...........

Mar 21, 2002
Jon S. said:
clubs in DR don't suck as much as they used to but it's funny to try to compare to anything here in the US. The crowds are pretentious and fake, everyone trying to impress each other, a lot of inmature people for the most part, specially the "viejev@s" that patronize those establishments.

LOL, yes those old goats who don't realize their time has come and gone. Now they want to continue as if they were so young and act the FOOL. Also way too many guys and not enough girls at any of the venues. Even with free drinks, entrance for girls they still can't get enough women in there. That was my major gripe with SB. It also happens often in the DR.

The younger crowd is so full of it also. That's a plus for americans. They don't give a rat's ass about all that pretentiousness nonsense.