Lost Dog at Zona Colonial-June 9th

bi_coastal

Jun 12, 2006
My dog has not returned since last friday June 9th. She likes to hang out by the Parque Colon in front of the Cathedral and Politur has advised me that they were picking up dogs in front of the cathedral to clean up the park for the President's 10 am saturday General Public meeting there. Does anybody have any information on where stray dogs are taken? I've called everywhere - Ayuntamiento, Politur, and nobody seems to know. Thank you for your help - I have posted a reward of $1,000 RD for her safe return. She is a yellow dog, very fat, large, a cross between a golden retriever and an australian sheep dog.

bi_coastal

Jun 12, 2006
Happy ending

I got my dog back - got in touch with Unidad Canina (Canine Unit) - he was really nice and promised to look into my problem. This morning I got a call from him and he came over and delivered my dog (scared, scruffy but in one piece). Things do work out and although it took about 10 phone clals to get information, I finally found some concerned people who helped me find the right information. HAPPY ENDING!

expatsooner

Bronze
Aug 7, 2004
I'm so glad this had a happy ending.

St. Francis must have been working overtime for your dog (along with all the human help of course) when I read your post I thought the odds were that your dog was already dead. I am so happy to be wrong.:bunny:

Enjoy your reunion! :bunny: :bunny: :bunny:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Did the dog have a collar and tag?? Just curious...

HB ---> happy you got it back :p

baileyboy

Jun 27, 2004
I too, (ashamed to admit) thought your dog was a gonner. But I am glad to be proven wrong!

lisa (another dog-lover)

bi_coastal

Jun 12, 2006
Lost and found DOg

yeah I am lucky and so is the dog. The maid had bathed her and removed her collar last week because it had become too tight - so no, she had no ID when she was picked up.

I think that things are definitely improving around the capital and becoming more organized. I had to insist the guy take the reward - he absolutely would not take it and I told him I was happy to give it.