has anyone been to this resort?

Status
Not open for further replies.

momita

May 17, 2006
milleniunthug said:
Sun Village Resort and Spa, and if yes, how is the resort and how was your stay.
Thank you

Go to Trip advisor Sun village Resort and there You will find all reviews,photos etc,etc

wishingiwasthere

Nov 19, 2005
I believe Planner ( the lady that does the weather on the north coast for DR! ) works there. Although i have never stayed i am an avid view of a number of DR related web sites and have never seen a bad report about it.
I can also tell you that Teddys Island Grill is close by - a great resturant on the beach. If you stay there you must try that!

Hope you have a great time.

Dan

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
What is it you would like to know? The resort is very nice, 4 restaurants, 7 pools, nice beach, great food, entertainment is less then fabulous.......

It is about 7 minutes from Puerto Plata, 25 minutes from the airport. Rooms are good as long as you are not in standard accomodations. Make sure to book your a la carte restaurants as soon as possible. The Asian restaurant is amazing in my opinion.

Anything else you want to know...... just ask.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Trip Advisor reviews are all over the map

This property has gotten amazingly mixed reviews over the years. The beach is not great, the property is beautiful with well-designed pools just off the beach that allow you to put your chaise longue in the water to stay cool, but the hills that you must climb in order to get to and from all parts of the resort are a challenge for some.

I think its service is best characterized by "Overpromise and underdeliver." If you don't need much handholding and you can tolerate things being different from what you expected, the resort may be just fine for you.

If you are fortunate, you will have a first rate experience. If you are unfortunate, or inflexible, you risk being wildly disappointed.

Enormous potential, but the consistent delivery of a quality experience is lacking.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Beautiful resort - They have improved their service and food over the years which might explain older reviews. I would highly recommend it as long as you don't have a problem with a lot of steps since the hotel is built on a hill. At least it saves you time on the treadmill.

Status
Not open for further replies.