Adoption Agency

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Have a young friend, 17, with child, (no not mine) who wants to get an abortion, I and her sisters are against, but I understand why, she is worried about herself that she will be tied down, not be able to finish school all the normal selfish reasons for an abortion.

So I suggest adoption, but don't know anything about the subject.

I need to present fact to here ASAP as she may well go get the Abortion any time know, with out the knowledge of her parents, which I also am against, by the way she is 14 weeks pregnant.

Who are the Reputable Adoption Agency's here in DR?

Is there a glut of babies?

Is there a need for babies?

Lets not make this an abortion rights discussion please!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Besides Fabio's excellent advice:
why are you getting so involved with these people??

donluis99 said:
Have a young friend, 17, with child, (no not mine) who wants to get an abortion, I and her sisters are against, but I understand why, she is worried about herself that she will be tied down, not be able to finish school all the normal selfish reasons for an abortion.

So I suggest adoption, but don't know anything about the subject.

I need to present fact to here ASAP as she may well go get the Abortion any time know, with out the knowledge of her parents, which I also am against, by the way she is 14 weeks pregnant.

Who are the Reputable Adoption Agency's here in DR? Yes: CONANI

Is there a glut of babies? No! there is a big lack of babies, believe it or not!

Is there a need for babies?Absolutely

Lets not make this an abortion rights discussion please! No problem. Abortions are terribly hard on the mother. Better to have a baby and give it up for adoption.....

And teach the phuckin' idiot to use birth control and keep her legs closed!!!

HB :disgusted::tired:

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Involved......disgusted ah HB

Hey HB, disgusted why, don't you think it is good to try to help, don't you try to offer useful advice here at dr or is it just forum for your opinions and comments, I see that you do both, maybe you should get another hobby.

By the way, I have known the girl since she was 11, good girl, but she screwed
up, unlike you Mr. Perfect, never made any mistakes whe you were young.

Oh and what do you mean "these people" Dominicans, Dominican poor people, the legalized slaves?

What goes on in socity here is no different than the years of slavery back before Abe Lincoln, eh, only differance today is they don't always stay on the plantation. Like to see you maintain a family on RD 5,000.00 per month or less.

By the way I know the whole family, 6 boys, 4 girls, she is the youngest and the only one to have get pregnant without a spouse, including the boys have not got anyone pregnate unless she was his spouse, those people are good family with good morels but not everyone is perfect, eh.

Anyway HB, your comments are always welcome, thanx

Last edited:

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
donluis99 said:
Hey HB, disgusted why, don't you think it is good to try to help, don't you try to offer useful advice here at dr or is it just forum for your opinions and comments, I see that you do both, maybe you should get another hobby.

By the way, I have known the girl since she was 11, good girl, but she screwed
up, unlike you Mr. Perfect, never made any mistakes whe you were young.

Oh and what do you mean "these people" Dominicans, Dominican poor people, the legalized slaves?

What goes on in socity here is no different than the years of slavery back before Abe Lincoln, eh, only differance today is they don't always stay on the plantation. Like to see you maintain a family on RD 5,000.00 per month or less.

By the way I know the whole family, 6 boys, 4 girls, she is the youngest and the only one to have get pregnant without a spouse, including the boys have not got anyone pregnate unless she was his spouse, those people are good family with good morels but not everyone is perfect, eh.

Anyway HB, your comments are always welcome, thanx

I find it very suspect that a Dominican girl, with such an extensive family, as suggested by her 10 siblings, is searching for a private adoption agency to place her child. Even in the poorest of families in the DR, you will always find a relative more than willing to raise a child.

cuas

May 29, 2006
Yes, but it will be always her child. She will be blamed for everything. If she goes out, "You are going out and I am here taking care of your child"
If she has to study for a test and the family member has to go out, they will bring the child to her because "tu lo pariste". I know my dominican people, they are very gentle, but because they do not have an education, they do not understand that she has to concentrate in her studies.
And if they are a family with morals, this child will be the shame of the family and they will be throwing the child in her face, calling the baby "mal nacido"
Keeping her legs closed. Too late, but at what age you started having sex? and did you use protection every single time? She is only 17.
Here in the US, you can get condom every where for free and still teen pregnancy is raising. Boys do not want to use condoms and girls allow it.
In DR parents do not discuss sex with their children. At least in US, they can learn in school.
You have to be raised in DR to know the difference.
Now she understand that she cannot open her legs or she has to use protection, but she is trying to make changes. This time she needs help and
support. Please do not discourage who is trying to help her.
Maybe this girl won't have the next baby out of wedlock.

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Originally Posted by Mirador
"I find it very suspect that a Dominican girl, with such an extensive family, as suggested by her 10 siblings, is searching for a private adoption agency to place her child. Even in the poorest of families in the DR, you will always find a relative more than willing to raise a child"

Mirador, your right one of the family is probably going to want the child, the girl understands the implications of this as noted by cuas.

She wants the abortion for this reason, as I see as a selfish reason as is usually the case of abortion.

She will go against her family in this, they know this so the option we propose to solve everything in the best manner is adoption, good for the mother, the family and the child, eh?

What will be the final out come, I can't say, but we hope for the best and do what we can, that's it.

By the way cuas, right on!

and Mirador, how about a little less pessimisim, a little more optimisim, we can't make the world perfect but should we not do what we can at least you'll feel better, I promise.

nycgirl

Jul 12, 2004
seriously

an abortion sounds like the best thing for her, her sisters are acting on all the catholic rules, but I bet out of all those people in her family few if any, are actually legally married.
It IS going to ruin her life! let her finish her studies and perhaps break her cycle of poverty. we all know it will mark her forever if she has it. adoption or not. she will be used goods , as replacable as any of those women.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Ethical and religious considerations aside, the Dominican Penal Code (Article 317) penalizes abortions and its intermediation (without exceptions).

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
She is old enough to know she should have used protection. I'm sure she has friends or aquantances that have run into the same trouble. Therefore she is old enough to make her own choices about abortion. She will only have herself to live with after the decision is made, let her make it.

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
She is old enough to know she should have used protection. I'm sure she has friends and aqaintences that have run into the same trouble. Therefore she is old enough to make her own decision about abortion. She only has herself to live with after the decision, let her make it.

cbarrin

Feb 1, 2005
I went to the website suggested...because I'm interested in the subject also...but...is there a web in english...?

donluis99

Bronze
Jul 12, 2004
Well, in case anybody is interested, she is now going to have the baby, GOOD.

Weather she will go adoption or not, hard to say she says she is considering as she understands the hardship she will face and the staus in her family.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
There are thousands of people looking to adopt her child. Many of them will help with the pre-natal care needed. This is something that a huge percentage of young pregnant girls do not expereience.
Please, please help her get the pre-natal care she needs to produce a healthy baby and to come out of this pregnancy with her health!!

I know I sounded uncaring and pi$$ed off in my earlier post, but this is happening all too often in the DR.....There are close to 10,000 teen births in the DR every year.

For some reason, they (the girls) seem to think it is a mature thing to do....

HB

Rick Snyder

Silver
Nov 19, 2003
I can understand the reason that HB was discussed in his post #4 and it is due to continuously seeing the same thing day after day and year after year and after awhile you get tired of it and you jump out when the subject comes up. He also offered a sort of an apology in the last post.

The subject matter in the OP is a big problem here in the DR which is compounded by the failure to receive proper pre and post natal care which HB addressed in his last post.

I don’t know where you were trying to go with your response boarding on the racial issue in post #4 but talk about being uncalled for!!

Don’t know what bearing your comment concerning RD$5,000 a month was trying to insinuate but if you come here to El Seybo you will see many families that survive on that.

Rick