Trip to DR

J

J

I will be traveling to the DR in January. We will be in San Salvador and El Tamarindo and staying in Boca Chica. What shots/medications do I need to have before coming down there? What are the serious safety issues? What are good places to eat in Boca Chica? What foods to eat and not to eat? Is the beach/water safe to swim in at Boca Chica? Is there bottled water for sale? Please help!!!

C

Cesar

Boca Chica is a very nice place to vacation althought it can get pretty packed on the weekends. As far as medications get the usual but nothing major I wouldn't be able to tell you, call your local doctor. There is no major diseases like yellow fever or nothing like that.... Serious safety issues... there is a lot of hookers and street vendors... they will try to sell you a bunch of shit very expensive... Always and I mean Always bargain in Dominican Republic... If they tell you is worth US$10 tell them you'll give them US$3 if they tell you no... ask them nicely to leave or just no...probably you'll get what you want for the price you want.... Foods.. DO NOT eat from the street vendors I dont get sick... but it is because I'm from there and probably my system is pretty well adjusted... Hotels and restaurant's food is pretty good... Go to Neptuno's it is a very good seafood restaurant... just ask the locals everyone knows where it is... and yes they sell bottled water everywhere... Oh and water is safe everywhere in Boca Chica... if you have more questions drop me a line at my email...