Best way to get to Las Galeras from SD airportimately

miriam888

Jul 16, 2006
My family will be arriving in DR on July 29th. We will be flying into Santo Domingo airport at approximately. 1:30 pm. We would like to go from there on to Ron & Karin's place in Las Galeras. My question is how is the best way to get from the airport to LG. We originally we going to ride the bus from Caribe to Las Galeras, but afraid we would not arrive in time to get on the last bus. If anyone has any suggestions as to the best way to get from airport to bus station to LG or what you would recommend. Would you recommend renting a car (have heard both good and bad about that). All advice, recommendations will be greatly appreciated. ALso is a car sufficient if we dicide to go that route or do you need a 4 wheel drive?
Thank you all so much!!

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
miriam888 said:
My family will be arriving in DR on July 29th. We will be flying into Santo Domingo airport at approximately. 1:30 pm. We would like to go from there on to Ron & Karin's place in Las Galeras. My question is how is the best way to get from the airport to LG. We originally we going to ride the bus from Caribe to Las Galeras, but afraid we would not arrive in time to get on the last bus. If anyone has any suggestions as to the best way to get from airport to bus station to LG or what you would recommend. Would you recommend renting a car (have heard both good and bad about that). All advice, recommendations will be greatly appreciated. ALso is a car sufficient if we dicide to go that route or do you need a 4 wheel drive?
Thank you all so much!!
Am I to understand that you didn't like the answers we already gave you to this very same question, or did you lose the thread?
http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52342
http://thorntree.lonelyplanet.com/m...&messid=9911947&STARTPAGE=1&parentid=0&from=1

miriam888

Jul 16, 2006
Yes, the information has been very helpful and we appreciate everyone that has replied. Just thought someone might see post here that does not look at the other forums. We just value any and all suggestions you all have to offer.