Thinking of marriage to a dominican lady

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

batich

Good afternoon!
After being many times to Dominican Republic I came to conclusion that it is the best place on Earth and Dominican people is the best as well.
Very intelligent, friendly, honest,generous.

Especially dominican women who are very attractive,loving, family oriented and great house keepers.

So being in the mature age and willing to create a happy family I see no better candidates than dominican girls.

Do you think it is a good idea of mine?
Are dominican ladies willing to marry an educated, well-travelled devoted and reasonably wealthy foreigner of 40+?
What are the best places to meet a future wife without risk of engaging a pro?

Sorry for so many questions, but they are very important for me, and any advice will be very valuable.

batich
View Public Profile
Send a private message to batich
Send email to batich
Find all posts by batich
Add batich to Your Buddy List

A

apostropheman

batich said:
Good afternoon!

Are dominican ladies willing to marry an educated, well-travelled devoted and reasonably wealthy foreigner of 40+?

sure they are:bunny:...i'm not overly educated nor particularly well traveled, certainly not rich and i can't even claim to be good looking BUT i get propositioned every trip i take to the DR!:bunny::cheeky:

CyaBye3015

Bronze
Jan 8, 2003
apostropheman said:
sure they are:bunny:...i'm not overly educated nor particularly well traveled, certainly not rich and i can't even claim to be good looking BUT i get propositioned every trip i take to the DR!:bunny::cheeky:

Yup, you and every other male that's still breathing

A

apostropheman

CyaBye3015 said:
Yup, you and every other male that's still breathing
my point exactly!:eek::surprised:bunny::bunny::bunny::bunny:

A

apostropheman

CyaBye3015 said:
I'm slow to catch on some days! :surprised
not at all...perhaps i was being too subtle:bunny::bunny::bunny: :bunny::bunny::bunny:...i'm known for that:cheeky::rolleyes:

momita

May 17, 2006
think twice!

batich said:

Sorry for so many questions, but they are very important for me, and any advice will be very valuable.

If you've ever been to the DR.You know the answer!!!!
Are they willing????They are dreaming about this,Dude.
Just pop the question!!!!!

Wish you luck
Momita:glasses:

GringoCArlos

Retired Ussername
Jan 9, 2002
Hello batich. Welcome to DR1.

Do some research in the archives. Except look under "Buying a House in the DR". 99.99 % of the answers will be to rent first, and buy later. You can usually get rid of a house you don't like, reasonably easily. It would be more difficult to get rid of a dominicana chica from hell WIFE. Slow down pal.

Some other good advice I once received from a well-travelled, well-heeled buddy: "If it floats, flies, or fu**s, it's cheaper to rent than buy."

Or as the old bull and the young bull looking down from a hilltop at a herd of nice-looking cows. The young bull said "Let's run down there and breed us a cow." The old bull just replied, "Son, let's WALK down and breed them ALL."

G

gary short

Then the young bull speaking English of coarse says to the old bull...Hey f**k you... then proceeds to kick the crap out of the old coger and then runs down into the valley and screws every cow.
The moral of the story is...........shut the hell up....old Bull sh!tter..

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I see Gary is off his meds today.

Shame.

Yes, you can find a nice lady to marry. Depends on where you look, of course. Get out of the tourist areas and stay in places like La Vega, Mao, Monci'on, Santiago, where you won' t be hounded by hos every step of the way. Get to know people. Go slow and be careful...

Yu represent a way out of a life of poverty and ignorance for a lot of people..
Go read Hillbilly's Three Golden rules for Dating a Dominican....in the Search function of this page.

H :D:D

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Listen to HB...I wouldn't even think about marriage until you have been here at the very least a year....preferably three years. There are excellent women here with hearts of gold. There are also a lot of hos who are masters at making you think they are beautiful people inside. They will commence to creating misery in your life. Don't be foolish. Education goes a long way once you have taken on a partner. You will appreciate having an educated wife who you can have complete confidence in. You want loyalty and intelligence. And there are plenty of beautiful women who can provide those. Don't sell yourself short. You can have it all in this country. Women here so want a man who will be a good provider, an honest partner, and a good friend. And most men here refuse to provide that. You can date the best women here. Just ask AZB. He honestly does date some of the best. He is a master in the art of dating beautiful and intelligent women.

zak023

Done and dusted!
Feb 8, 2006
HB is right...

You can but more than likely won't find a good one till you have lived in the DR for at least a year+...You represent a ticket out of poverty for her and her family..Think you marry a Dominican and thats it?? You marry her entire family....So Get ready for 15 people over for dinner on the weekends...While you are renting here don't ho where you sleep...Go out of town to do that or everyone will know your buisness with a few things added in ...Stay out of the tourist cities or you will be meeting a ex or still prostitute..Why be married? You can have all you want here and more without saying I DO....

Crane

Apr 2, 2006
Why?

I often wonder why well-traveled or wealthy men come here or any other poor country to choose a wife/mate. Why not an attractive well-educated African-American woman? Many African-American women would be happy to find a decent man with the ability to appreciate them for their intellect and ability to be self-sufficient. Therefore, not needing a man to support them financially but, emotionally. Just a thought.

B

batich

Crane said:
I often wonder why well-traveled or wealthy men come here or any other poor country to choose a wife/mate. Why not an attractive well-educated African-American woman? Many African-American women would be happy to find a decent man with the ability to appreciate them for their intellect and ability to be self-sufficient. Therefore, not needing a man to support them financially but, emotionally. Just a thought.

Just because they are "well-traveled".
They saw different countries, different people, different societies. And can compare.
And from this comparison and world-wide life-long experience american women are out of the question.

Nothing was said about going to DR after a wife. But because of the country itself. Because of its people. Nature. Lack of stress.
Probably our "civilized" culture eventualy destroys this paradise as well. But hopefuly we`ll die before!

There are some other countries with beautiful unspoiled women. But they have either cold weather or too many snakes.

"Reasonably wealthy" and "wealthy" are not exactly same things.

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
zak023 said:
You can but more than likely won't find a good one till you have lived in the DR for at least a year+...You represent a ticket out of poverty for her and her family..Think you marry a Dominican and thats it?? You marry her entire family....So Get ready for 15 people over for dinner on the weekends....

..and then they start moving in. :tired:

rich17

May 1, 2006
omg

batich said:
Good afternoon!
After being many times to Dominican Republic I came to conclusion that it is the best place on Earth and Dominican people is the best as well.
Very intelligent, friendly, honest,generous.

Especially dominican women who are very attractive,loving, family oriented and great house keepers.

So being in the mature age and willing to create a happy family I see no better candidates than dominican girls.

batich
View Public Profile
Send a private message to batich
Send email to batich
Find all posts by batich
Add batich to Your Buddy List
roughly 90% of the island would marry you (including men). you are a lottery ticket. i advise you do this, buy a nice house in a secluded area and have about seven beautiful dominican girls living with you, i mean why marry one. of course all this depends on how much money you have.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
The above posters have hit all the high spots. One of the things that makes life in the DR so relaxing is that there is almost no such thing as a " nuclear family" ...that is, that awful creation of modern, Western civilization especially in the Norther Climes. You know, Mom, Dad and the kid(s). Nothing more!! :(

So all the tensions all the deceptions and pressures are concentrated in one tiny social unit.

In the DR " family" goes out a long way. your mother in law might be more comprehending than your wife!! And she'll probably spoil you more, too! Mine did!! What happens in Dr framily life is that tensions are dissapated(sp?) thoughout the group and not focused on one of the " nuclear" family members....There is always someone to help with those nasty little jobs to be done. Whether it is changing a diaper of taking out the garbage...or shopping

this is why it is so necessary for one to go slow, live a while, integrate a while and see just what is out there.

Truth be said, I had no idea what i was getting into and I had been here for nearly two years when I met my wife...it is (was) one he!! of an experience.

So take your time and find the right one for you..

H :D:D:D:D

melibrown

Jul 15, 2006
i'm married , i'm dominican he is american and let me tell you that he only dated dominicans in the past WHY? because we known how to treat a men we known how to cook; not microwave food , clean, take care of kid ;and last but not least a good sex ,that is way guys from other countries come to us. So you dominicans guy don't get jealous for that and apreciated what you got because gold diggers are every where and diferent colors and size.

Status
Not open for further replies.