Dental services in DR

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
I read several threads stating that dental services are much cheaper in the DR. How about cosmetic dentistry and dental surgery (bridges, implants, etc.)? Are there good doctors and clinics with modern equipment?

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
Check out Carina's blog

Avrora said:
I read several threads stating that dental services are much cheaper in the DR. How about cosmetic dentistry and dental surgery (bridges, implants, etc.)? Are there good doctors and clinics with modern equipment?
Carina covered this in her blog. Also, I remember seeing a thread on this a while back ... do a search here

P.S. Craina, if you read this, I shall expect the usual commission :)

Last edited:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
shadInToronto said:
Carina covered this in her blog. Also, I remember seeing a thread on this a while back ... do a search here

Thanks, I will check it out. I am mostly interested in dental implants - cost in the US is around $2400 (no insurance coverage) and I wanted to find out what the difference in price and quality would be to do this procedure it in DR.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I recall a specific question about implants a while back, and I believe Hillbilly recommended a dentist in Santiago who did them. A search should turn it up.

shadInToronto

On Vacation....
Nov 16, 2003
I get the picture

Avrora said:
Thanks, I will check it out. I am mostly interested in dental implants - cost in the US is around $2400 (no insurance coverage) and I wanted to find out what the difference in price and quality would be to do this procedure it in DR.
Finally we see your picture ... sorry, I just couldn't help it :)
20su2jk.jpg

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Dental costs in the US unbelievable!

this is funny:cheeky: The implant is actually for my Mom... Actually, with the costs of dental services in the US people can start looking like that picture very soon :ermm: ... I did some searches - it is definitely a good deal - much cheaper then US. $2400 would pay for vacation + dental work ;) :bunny: I just need to pick a clinic. If anyone can recommend a good dentist - let me know!

Last edited:

HOWMAR

Silver
Jan 28, 2004
I agree that dental care in the DR is of good quality and reasonable price, it proceeds like everything else in the DR, very slowly. The fee per implant allowed by my Dominican dental insurance plan is RD$ 19,500 (approx US $600). For major procedures like this you would probably be here for a very, very long vacation.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
If your mother comes here to have the work done. she should ask for our help to find a good reasonably priced hotel. The money she spends for her dental work and her vacation expenses will be less than what she will pay in the US for the same work.

nickijay

Jul 14, 2006
Avrora said:
this is funny:cheeky: The implant is actually for my Mom... Actually, with the costs of dental services in the US people can start looking like that picture very soon :ermm: ... I did some searches - it is definitely a good deal - much cheaper then US. $2400 would pay for vacation + dental work ;) :bunny: I just need to pick a clinic. If anyone can recommend a good dentist - let me know!

Im entitled to free dental care in the UK it just finding a bl***y dentist that will take NHS patients on thats the problem!

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
shadInToronto said:

HAHa...of course!
Actually Juan is very "not-Dominican" when it comes to that matter.
You can give Juan a call, he speaks English as good as Spanish.
Many foreigners come to him and they don´t stay forever, they make up a schedule in advance and follow it. Of course within the limits of what is possible and resonable for a professional ( as Howmar stated ).

And he is not a rip-off, i.e changing prices or so... he doesn´t need to.
He runs his dentist office, has the pharmacy behind as well as an apartment complex ( residencial ) on the same street ( Antera Mota ).

His phone is 1 809 586 1185

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
mountainfrog said:

He said he loved me ... I thought he really needs my help with his dental problems ... He also promised to start working out, loose weight and get a different haircut. I just could not imagine being closer then a mile away from him otherwise :eek:

:laugh: :laugh: that video reminded me of this actually, but the need was from a long time ago, as usual with dentists we try to avoid thinking about them untill something prompts us;)

Last edited:

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
carina said:
HAHa...of course!
Actually Juan is very "not-Dominican" when it comes to that matter.
You can give Juan a call, he speaks English as good as Spanish.
Many foreigners come to him and they don?t stay forever, they make up a schedule in advance and follow it. Of course within the limits of what is possible and resonable for a professional ( as Howmar stated ).

And he is not a rip-off, i.e changing prices or so... he doesn?t need to.
He runs his dentist office, has the pharmacy behind as well as an apartment complex ( residencial ) on the same street ( Antera Mota ).

His phone is 1 809 586 1185

Does he have an email address? I will also take a look at your blog...

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
HOWMAR said:
I agree that dental care in the DR is of good quality and reasonable price, it proceeds like everything else in the DR, very slowly. The fee per implant allowed by my Dominican dental insurance plan is RD$ 19,500 (approx US $600). For major procedures like this you would probably be here for a very, very long vacation.

Yes, I know it takes several visits. But it is always possible to stretch them I guess... Just fly there several times - still cheaper and more interesting...

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
Ken said:
If your mother comes here to have the work done. she should ask for our help to find a good reasonably priced hotel. The money she spends for her dental work and her vacation expenses will be less than what she will pay in the US for the same work.

Yes, it does make sense. What are reasonable hotel prices in St. Domingo and Santiago?

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Avrora said:
Does he have an email address? I will also take a look at your blog...

I don´t think so, but you can pm me if you like and I will pass it on to him.
His son is a friend of my son, and they live just a few houses away.

BTW this is in Puerto Plata. I saw now you asked about hotel prices.
There is an aparthotel almost across the street, and several other options around depening on what you need. But maybe a good idea first to find out the cost of the treatment and deside if it is worth it for you.

Alyonka

Silver
Jun 3, 2006
carina said:
I don?t think so, but you can pm me if you like and I will pass it on to him.
His son is a friend of my son, and they live just a few houses away.

BTW this is in Puerto Plata. I saw now you asked about hotel prices.
There is an aparthotel almost across the street, and several other options around depening on what you need. But maybe a good idea first to find out the cost of the treatment and deside if it is worth it for you.

Right, that is why I want to speak with the dentist first to find out how many visits it will take and how far apart.