My first post...

Dominicana1975

Aug 4, 2006
I found this website by accident and I'm so glad I did!
I want to start by saying that I LOVE my culture and my country everytime I leave Santo Domingo I come back in tears. ( I wish I could live there).

I little background:

I was born in Santo Domingo and came to NYC when I was 3yrs old. I'm now 30yrs now.
I've always wanted to live in Europe but was too scared about racism.
It's great to read about Dominicans living in other parts of the country and the world. My brother and I always wondered if they did. I would love to become friend with anyone of you and hear your stories.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Welcome to the board

I will be the first to say HI and welcome.

What part of the DR are you originally from?

We have people here from all over and there are a lot of Dominicans roaming the world...

You'll have fun here.

HB, who has live here longer than you have lived there!!

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
European Frog

Dominicana1975 said:
... I LOVE my culture and my country everytime I leave Santo Domingo I come back in tears. ( I wish I could live there).

Please accept a warm welcome from somebody who came from Europe and found his little paradise here.

m'frog

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
According to your figures, then your family moved away around 1979, probably as a result of the catastrophic conditions brought about by Hurricane David. I would venture that you are from San Cristobal or Baní, am i right?

Dominicana1975

Aug 4, 2006
Thanx to everyone for the warm welcome : )

My mom was born in La Romana but she grew up in Santo Domingo,DR and that's where I was born.
My father was a bit known in the 70's in basketball..Has anyone heard of him Orlando Feliz?

Please share your some of your background stories

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Another sock puppet!!! Arrrgh!!!!

By the way, Orlando Felix (not Feliz) was Puerto Rican

Dominicana1975

Aug 4, 2006
JDJones said:
Hey, you get a big welcome from me too. I hope you become another of our frequent posters.
Hey, and learn how to spell your own name, OK??? LOL

Saludos para JDJone tanbien! Sorry ;)

Dominicana1975

Aug 4, 2006
mountainfrog said:
Please accept a warm welcome from somebody who came from Europe and found his little paradise here.

m'frog

It is nice to meet you Mforg ;) . When was the last time you went to DR? And what are you doing in Europe?

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Dominicana1975 said:
It is nice to meet you Mforg ;) . When was the last time you went to DR? And what are you doing in Europe?
Saludos Y bienvenida.:cheeky: . Mountainfrog (hope you don't get upset)I know you could answer this yourselve but what the heck I will beat you to it. Mountainfrog lives in the Dominican Republic as we speak.

May 31, 2005
Hi. Welcome to DR1. I am a 22 year old Dominican female that lives in Orlando, Florida. I visit the DR as much as I can. It used to be twice a year but now I will visit more often because I can. What type of stories do you want to hear?

Dominicana1975

Aug 4, 2006
Dragonfly32837 said:
Hi. Welcome to DR1. I am a 22 year old Dominican female that lives in Orlando, Florida. I visit the DR as much as I can. It used to be twice a year but now I will visit more often because I can. What type of stories do you want to hear?

Did you grow up in DR or Florida? I never got a chance to experience what it's like to really live there, do you have a childhood stories?

Dominicana1975

Aug 4, 2006
Mirador said:
Another sock puppet!!! Arrrgh!!!!

By the way, Orlando Felix (not Feliz) was Puerto Rican

My father played basketball with Club San Lazaro in the 70's. He played with the legend Manolo Prince.

Dominicana1975

Aug 4, 2006
Mirador said:
According to your figures, then your family moved away around 1979, probably as a result of the catastrophic conditions brought about by Hurricane David. I would venture that you are from San Cristobal or Ban?, am i right?

I believe we came to NYC in May 29th of 1979 before the hurricane.
My mom grew up near el wakalito.(I spelled it wrong)