Excellent Resort or Villa On North Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
First off, I would appreciate help on this one and although I may sound unkind below....I really do appreciate input. I have guest visiting me and I want to take them to a very nice place.

I am looking for an excellent resort or villa on the north coast....PuertaPlata or Caberate...but not Sosua....for a three night to week stay....not sure yet. I want a place where I can be sure the quality is going to be there. I don't want an experience where I have to make excuses like, "oh the trip was fabulous, except for that one little problem...the room had a bad moldy smell". Give me a 5 star product that is dependable. Please do not overstate the quality. And if you have little experience traveling and have spent 99% of your life in the Midwest working without international travel and thus have no experience...do not respond.

Robert, I know that you have a lot of experience with resorts and villas....can you help me out here.

Thank You.

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
That is a very nice place...but not what I want. I want a fun place. It is for friends from USA. But want fun place with large swimming pool and restaurants, bar, music, fun atmosphere. It can be AI or other. I just don't want a place where the standards are low, they don't care that the room smells, the plumbing doesn't work, no hot water, sorry that restaurant is not open right now due to remodeling, the pool is being worked on, unkept beach, lazy personnel, etc etc. I want a fun place that is a good dependable product.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Hacienda resort has 78 villas to choose from. On weekends it is a good fun resort. The food is good and the seafood restaurant is outstanding.

www.hacienda-resorts.com

Also you can try Sun Village, but they only have 3 villas so the choices aren't as good.
www.sunvillageresorts.com

Let me know if you need any other info on either.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
Here's a site that rates the various hotels. I'm not sure how independent it is.

ClubHotel Riu Mambo rates #1 in POP.

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
Not sure how they rate but I certainly would not put it number one.

Might be in the top 6 or 7 though.

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Cabarete choices

Top rated property in town--El Velero Resort

It is impeccable--great location on the eastern corner of the main Cabarete beach. You can dine there or walk to Cabarete's restaurants. You will have a choice of suite sizes.

The pool is at the edge of the property and the grounds are dotted with exotic Bali-style sunning beds that are, in fact, beds!

For a great condo, but fewer services, try Ocean Dream.

Buen viaje.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
Sea Horse Ranch is closer to Sosua than Cabarete, and has FIRST CLASS villas near a barrio called Lomas Mironas.

joecanada

Jan 15, 2004
El magnifico in Cabarete -- get one of the new units.

High end: Sea Horse Ranch. Private community with some rental units.\

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.