Home value

A.Hidalgo

Silver
Apr 28, 2006
Tocayo Alfredo Guzman

I have a two part question. My mom would like to know what is the procedure for her to find out what is the value of her home in Santiago. I think its called tasar or something like that.
The second question is she will like to transfer the title of the home to my sisters and myself. What is that procedure.

Alfredo

Apr 30, 2006
www.drlawyer.com
First question: You would have to hire a real estate appraiser (Tasador). You can contact one either through your DR bank or real estate lawyer.

Second question: They only direct method open to her would be through a donation, but tax could amount up to 30% of the property's value. She could also stay put and do nothing at all, since you and your sister would still inherit the property due to DR's forced heirship law; inheritance taxes have been lowered to approximately 3%. The last option would be for her to incorporate here in the DR, transfer the property to the corporation through a contribution in kind and assign you and your sisters with the majority of the shares and corporate powers.

Regards,

Alfredo

GALK

Mar 12, 2006
What kind of costs would arise if one transfers property you owe in DR into a Dominican corporation and what means 'contribution in kind'?

Thanks