Re: EVERYONE A MEDICAL EXPERT?

M

Me

ECH is really right in what he is saying here. It is necessary to havae a medical background to be qualified to speak on this subject. I'm afraid the minister of tourism may be afraid that this issue may affect his real field negatively. However, it would have more negative affect to deceive tourists aabout the situation and let them come thinking this is the Garden of Eden instead of a real country with thigs to deal with just like every other country has. I do notice the tendencey also to scapegoat Haitians on this, and ECH is also right that there are also other likely sources. No one knows the source of the two cases in New York, or for the mosquito born encephalitis in New York either. The big effort here is to battle the mosquitoes to minimize cross infection possibilities.

M

mina

Another thing perhaps to keep in mind is that instead of blaming the Haitians all the time for everything from crimes to diseases, isn't it perhaps possible that the increase and/or presence of malaria and/or mosquitoes is due to the extra long and heavy rains this year??? And perhaps Punta Cana/Bavaro is a major breeding ground for mosquitoes due to all the natural lagoons???

I am sure that disallowing Haitians not carrying medical proof of no malaria from Dominican soil is entirely ridiculous in view that probably just as many Dominicans are probably carrying the malaria parasites in their blood. Has the Dominican Public Health ever done any such tests on their own people?

I aggre that the Tourist Minister should definately keep his nose in his own affais before making any more ridiculous statements. He risks alarming tourists further by trying to sound as if he is a medical expert. It ends up sounding as if he is really trying to cover up something bad!!!???