la posada de piedra

batwoman

Sep 23, 2006
I am a single female 50 and staying at this hotel in Dec of 06 if anyone can give me tips such as safety and where I can go to get bbq shrimps on the beach other than going to
el navagante(sp?) near sirenis. This is a trip soley to get coffee no sankies.
BTW a woman traveling alone. So any tips would be good

backinthedr

Apr 10, 2004
"Batwoman staying at la posada de piedra" It's cracking me up!!
Please don't be offended..
as far as "grilled shrimp" you are in luck, go out the door of la posada de piedra walk about 20 steps and you will be at Captain Cook's (you will need to bring your own bbq sauce tho) across the street is a supermarket and you can load up on all the Dominican coffee you want..just in case you change your mind about the sankies you're in the right place for that too.....
and in case someone convinces you they have a sick relative, the ATM machine is also right across the street...Location, location, location!!!!
All kidding aside, have a great trip, but don't let your guard down...stay on your toes..... And for God's sake..don't give anyone your home phone number!

abe

Jan 2, 2002
La Posada de Piedra

You need to know that there is no a/c in this place, but it is a great location and you will be well looked after. In December, the breezes off the beach will be enough to keep you (somewhat) cool so you can sleep, assuming you have a few Presidentes before bedtime.

No cooking facilities that I know of, although the owners live there and have a kitchen. Whether they share that, I don't know.

As for "batwoman" we simply are assuming that that's a baseball reference; if you want to be a champion, bring a bag of baseballs to give to kids.

batwoman

Sep 23, 2006
Not worried about A/C.
As I have not stayed in these neck of the palms. Just looking for some beach time and get my 40lbs of coffee to tie me over till the next trip. Don't do all inclusives. I am not into all that, but I got a deal to PUJ and decided to try this.

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
hi BW,
you mentioned you don't want AI and don't need AC, so you're on the right place. it is not a real hotel, only a few rooms, but it's really family style, the owners live in the same house themselves, they are great people and take care of you. you will be located in the middle of the little spot named El Cortecito, so you have 3 good beach front restaurants within 100 yards to walk, supermarket aso all to walk there. like you mentioned you're single woman but not looking for sankies, if you want to visit the Plaza Bavaro area (5 minutes by bus), do so on daytime, nice for a walk and shopping, but don't visit the same for nighttime(only sankie and sankie and sankie.
El Cortecito is a nice spot to stay, the people of the shops around will know you by name within 2 days, i have my main offices there, too.
enjoy our wonderful Island
Mike