Brave Canadian In Rio San Juan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steve Costa Azul

I love Rocky's Ribs!
Jul 15, 2006
While in The DR for 1 week staying at Playa Grande, on the only day that the sun came out for an entire week, in January '05, my new friend from Montreal, Eric Stenstrom, helped save another tourist when the water was scary there! After he saved him, he collapsed and stated "for the first time in my life, I felt like I was fighting for my life for about 30 seconds".
We don't know who nominated him, but figure it was the tourist he saved. He was given a bravery award by the Canadian government! Great guy! Well done!
Eric and his buddy were a twosome we called the "Twin Towers" being fit basketball players at 6'6" and 6'7"! Even though it rained almost the whole vacation, we all had one of the best DR trips EVER!
To see his award, go to Governor General announces 13 Decorations for Bravery

PM me if you want me to send you an awesome 3 megabyte pic of the beach that day you can place on your desktop. Our hero is in the pic way in the background.

Congrats Eric!!

curlyq

Mar 20, 2006
It's nice to hear the story had a happy ending. What a great guy for acting so quickly to save anothers life. Congrats to him on his award well deserved from a fellow Canadian.

megamania

Sep 10, 2005
You make me Proud!!

;)
Hats off for a job well done!! I visited Playa Grande Beach when I was in D.R. in January. I am a fairly sturdy girl and the waves took me right off my feet upside down!!! It is very understandable how one would encounter problems.

Very happy that there was a good ending to the story!!!

Congrats, from another fellow Canuck!!

Status
Not open for further replies.