Where to buy good Cigars in Punta Cana ?

C

Cramden

I'll be making my first trip to Punta Cana in April and I'm wondering if anyone could recommend a good place to buy quality cigars in the area. I'll be staying at the Paradisus, if that matters. Any helpful hints in purchasing them would also be appreciated as I have heard that a lot of good cigars are actually fakes.

Thanks, Cramden

L

Lyse

At the Captain Cook supermarket in the Cortecito village. You'll find some at Plaza Bavaro too but more expensive than Captain Cook.

S

Stu

Hey Cramden

I'm a bit of a cigar nut myself (I import them to Canada) I don't know where to buy them down there, but I stronly recomend not to buy any Cohiba Esplendidos from a box with a glass top. Cohiba did market some like this to honor the (I beleive) 25th anniversary. But in limited quantities and they are priced out of this world. Another easy way to spot a forged cigar is thru the labeling. I fortunately have a printing background and understand the detail. To the naked eye if the edge of the band appears serated or not clean cut chances are it's not the "Real McCoy". To the inexperienced cigar smoker it still is a nice smoke for the price. Good luck and happy puffing :eek:)

M

Maca (Spain)

Cramdem:

You can go to Captain Cook taking a boat from Melia Beach FREE... It has a signal, i think you can read: free boat to CAptain Cook... I took it and it's very good, ...otherwise you should go walking which would take at least... 30 minutes from Paradisus...perhaps a bit less.. When the guy leave you at Captain Cook (which is situated walking down the beach, just after Fiesta Resort), you only have to tell him at what time do you want him to come to take you to Paradisus....