Sunscape The Beach in Punta Cana

theCeo

Apr 18, 2005
I took Spirit Air from Atlantic City to Punta Cana airport (layover in Florida)

I was as always greeted by 50 or so Dominicans offering taxi rides. No problems.
I booked everything separate as always and saved hundreds, but I had to pay for a taxi each way ($50 US each way). The drive was about an hour through Punta Cana and up to the resort. The entrance was beautiful; so much that my fianc? and I agreed that the pictures we viewed on the internet did not do it justice in the least bit.

Our rooms were right by the beach and the pool came up to our back door. The pool itself was one of the largest and cleanest I ever seen at an AI in DR. The staff was friendly and our rooms were turned over twice a day.

Lunch grilled on the beach was offered everyday as well as buffets at the main buffet and offered every other day at each of the seven restaurants. The food was excellent except for one ribeye that was overcooked once out of the 8 days I was there (pretty good odds).

Many trips were offered, but I opted to take a taxi into La Romana for the day as I didn?t need a tour guild and saved money again (round trip $110US and he waited for us the whole time). We visited the Altos de Chav?n which was awesome. The only downside was someone showed us around and then demanded $20 for his time. Although you can tell from the pictures that my buddy and I are not small guys, we didn?t want any hassles that would upset the ladies.

We went downtown and eat at a nice downtown place in La Romana called International Caf? (I believe), the food and drinks were great.
We shopped around Higuey a little then headed back.

We took the excursion on the ATV that went through the local down and onto the beach.

Overall I loved the trip.

Check out my pictures and questions or comments are welcome.

Just to help:
I'm the hispanic looking guy with classes, my fiance is the young black girl and my friend is the large white guy and his wife is the young white girl.

The pictures are split into three sets:

RockYou.com
RockYou.com
RockYou.com

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
I went there too in July and I had the time of my life! I didn't want to leave.

Here's a link to my pics: La Republica Dominicana album | LaRhonda | Fotki.com

I went on US Airways from Philly and we stayed for about 8 days as well. I went to the disco almost every night and there was a bar called the Coco, which I was invited to by a couple of the guys that work in the World Cafe. I went and danced the night away there on the last night.

One guy I have been able to keep in touch with, you probably saw him--he makes Omelettes in the World Cafe. I love this place and I'm going back really soon. Glad you guys had a good time too. Next time I go, I'm going to see more of the country--this time I mostly stayed on the resort.

theCeo

Apr 18, 2005
One guy I have been able to keep in touch with, you probably saw him--he makes Omelettes in the World Cafe. I love this place and I'm going back really soon. Glad you guys had a good time too. Next time I go, I'm going to see more of the country--this time I mostly stayed on the resort.

I did meet him, one of the nicest people on the resort IMO. When I told him I was from NJ he said he had friends there and that he wanted to visit or even move there some day. Seemed like a really nice guy.

You took a lot of great pictures and yes, I would agree to see more of the island. I've never had a problem with the locals other than what I would expect from a tourist heavy island (e.g. hard-selling and pumping up prices only to argue them down).

palomitamia

Nov 13, 2005
lovely pics, thanks for sharing!

The resort looks really beautiful,like a castle, wow!

Do they have lots of fruit in the restaurant? 3x a day?

cheers from the fruitfreak p. ;)

theCeo

Apr 18, 2005
lovely pics, thanks for sharing!

The resort looks really beautiful,like a castle, wow!

Do they have lots of fruit in the restaurant? 3x a day?

cheers from the fruitfreak p. ;)

Thank you and yes, they had LOTS of fruit. I usually don't eat much fruit, but it was all so freash there I found myself eating it everyday. They had awesome fruit sculptures and even had a class one day to show how they're made, my pictures however came out too dark to post :ermm:

Last edited:

palomitamia

Nov 13, 2005
Thank you and yes, they had LOTS of fruit. I usually don't eat much fruit, but it was all so freash there I found myself eating it everyday. They had awesome fruit sculptures and even had a class one day to show how they're made, my pictures however came out too dark to post :ermm:

lovvvvveeely! some people told me that the north coast is the best for fruit but I'll definitely have to try some other places as well. thanks.

take care