Restaurant Recommendations

V

vincent

Anyone have any restaurant recommendation??? I saw the review in the other section I would like to here some first-hand comments from anyone that can recommend a restaurant with outstanding food and outstanding atmosphere for a romantic Valentine's Day dinner.

P

Phyllis

I highly recommend Cafe Cito - great food, cozy place, nice jazz and a wonderful owner! The next morning go to Sofy's B&B for a really good breakfast, a pleasant view and nice company!

J

Jim Hinsch

You must be kidding. <A HREF="http://www.popreport.com/BadReview.html">http://www.popreport.com/BadReview.html</A>

Vincent, you didn't say what part of the country.

P

Phyllis

For Jim

No I'm not kidding; in fact I've eaten at Cafe Cito several times and enjoyed everything about it, 100%! Guess we don't agree on this one, perhaps it's a matter of opinion to each their own.

R

Ray Modesto

Re: Restaurant Recommendations in SDQ

Based on my own personal experience the following are the best elegant and excellent restaurants in Santo Domingo.

La Briciola Ristorante Arzobispo Meri?o 152-A, Ciudad Colonial 809 688-5055 <A HREF="http://www.dominicana.com/briciola">http://www.dominicana.com/briciola</A>/

Scherezade Restaurant International Cosine (Midle East Cocine) Ave. Roberto Pastoriza # 226 809 227-2323

El Meson De la Cava National & International Cosine Ave. Mirador Del Sur 809 533-2818

Palacio De Jade Asian Cosine Jose Maria Heredia Street #6, Gazcue

Cantabrico Restaurant Spanish Cosine - Excelent Paella & Seafood Av. Idependencia

Pata De Palo Restaurant Atarazana, Zonal Colonial

Restaurant Bucanero with View of the Ozama River & Colombus House Ave. Espa?a, Puerto Turistico San Souci

Enjoy and then share with us your exprecience!

Ray Modesto

N

Natasha

In SD, then it has to be Briciola

Ray is on the mark with his recommendations.

My favorite is Briciola for food and utterly romantic atmosphere. The Atarazana is very romantic as well.

Mezon de la Cava is a delight (it is a restaurant in a cave), but I've never really been crazy about their cuisine.

Lastly, El Bucanero has excellent seafood dishes and magnificent views of the river.

I'd say though that Briciola is my top recommendation. Enjoy!

Regards, Natasha

J

JACQUELINE RODRIGUEZ

Vincent, We spent New Year's at the Meson de la Caba, a restaurant in the form of a cave. Outstanding!!! The place is cozy and the food is unbelievable. Give it a try, you won't regret it.

P

prtyr

Briciola

what type of food do they serve? I'll be in SD next weekend and would like to check it out.

N

Natasha

Re: Briciola

This is an Italian restaurant. I would say predominantly Northern Italian cuisine. I had a pre-wedding gathering here a year and a half ago...the food was out of this world. The clientele can be stuffy at times, but the staff is very nice. Definitely give it a try. Hope this helps.

Regards, Natasha

V

vincent

Thanks !!!!

Thanks for the responses, I think I will give Briciola a try.

P

prtyr

thanks!

I'll have to check it out thursday night. I was planning on going to the zona colonial anyway!

V

vincent

Price Range of Briciola???

How much would a typical dinner for two cost there??? Food, wine dessert...

N

Natasha

Re: Price Range of Briciola???

It is difficult to say for me because we had a gathering there for about 40 people. I believe my parents were given a certain price per person, and I of course never saw the bill:) The restaurant nonetheless is steep, and for two people, including all the trimmings, it will probably run you at least US$100.00 if each of you get a glass of wine, not a whole bottle of course. I believe Ray Modesto provided Briciola's link; you can check with them directly. Hope this helps!

Regards, Natasha

S

susi

hi vincent, my husband and I went for our valentines dinner last year to Briciola, which used to be our favorite restaurant for a long time. It was very expensive, you had to take a special valentines menu, which was 1000 pesos p.p. if I remember well. They had live music, very good, but the food.... well definitely not worth it, so check with them if they do it the same way this year. The athmosphere is really beautifull, service is excellent, but like I said, the food used to be a lot better. Still it is a romantic place, just right for valentines day. By the way, our new favorite is pat?e palo, atarazana, where the food is REALLY excellent (they have a belgian cook) the service is perfect and the athmosphere is also romantic. We will definitely go there!!

J

jim

Re: For Jim

i have to agree with jim .anyone can open a restaurant but not everybody can cook.i ate there it wasn,t that good.