Maybe Someone Can Use This Site..

cuas

May 29, 2006
freecycle

Why in the The Clown Bin.
I am a member. Usable items that I cannot sent to Santo Domingo I recycle them like winter items.
Items that I got over the years.
A/C, fans. lamps, blenders, iron, electric frying pan (never used), handbags, jewerly, books, printer, plants, drafting table and drafting materials, office and school supplies, perfumes and lotions, tel., pans and pots, tickets to the movies or broadway show, clothes, coats, sheets (new), etc.
I spoke for a filing cabinet but couldnot get it because I could not get a ride.
I am waiting for a cabinet for my 27" tv and I know I will get it for free.
On tax refunds time when people buy new stuff, instead of throwing things away the recycle them. Some times Salvation Army takes too long to pick up and they need the space for their new item.
I got 8-18 oz. SKIPPY peanut butter container. I sent 5 to Santo Domingo to my family.
Some times you buy an item, when you decide to use it you realized you do not want it anymore and it is too late to return it or you lost the receipt, YOU RECYCLE IT.
When I travel to Santo Domingo I get my suitcases from FREECYCLE and it is a one way ticket for the suitcases, I do not bring them back.

bigbird

Gold
May 1, 2005
When I travel to Santo Domingo I get my suitcases from FREECYCLE and it is a one way ticket for the suitcases, I do not bring them back.

How do you do that? I have a suitcase packed with baby and small childrens clothes I am taking this upcoming trip. I still have more that won't fit in the suitcase so I will save them for my next trip. I found a small church in Boca Chica that is more than glad to take the clothes. Do you have any suggestions on other ways to help?

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
I never heard of this before the other day..and don't intend to use it ..so I put it up here .thinking (how stupid of me)..that someone can use it...
IN THE FUTURE..I won't bother to pass this on ..now you can laugh at that .

cuas

May 29, 2006
Freecycle

I went to DR 2 years ago with my 3 children. That is 8 suitcases and 4 carry-on. Every body has their own carry-on, my oldest daughter has her own suitcase and I have one for my self and my other 2 children. That means I take 6 extra suitcases.
First you have to be a member, then you post a wanted message. I did it like two months in advance. I did not care on color or shapes only in good condition for one way trip.
I also clean my closet and if somebody is offering summer clothes I respond and if I am the first one responding the offerer will email me to schedule a pick-up. Before I was buying clothes and gifts for friends and families but the clothes I sometimes get are brand names and more expensive than a $5.00 shirt I can buy for them.
Like students and white collars workers that are moving or going back home, they must clean their apt. and have accumulated so much stuff, they have to get rid of them or lose their deposit. They offer what is left.
At this moment I have in my livingroom a box ready to be shipped to Santo Domingo. I just cannot go over it to see things going to the garbage while there are too many people in need. I know I cannot help everybody, but I smiled when I gave a boy selling avocados clothes and sneakers my son outgrown and the next day his mother came to sell the avocados and I gave her clothes too. Before my trip I got like 20 bottles of perfume and cologne and lotion. 20 people were smelling good around my sister's house.
Why?
I feel I owe the country. I was born in Aruba from dominican parents. I studied in the UASD. When I was not exempt to pay because of my grades, I pay $15.00 per semester and a bus was picking me up 2 blocks from home.
Here in the states, I took a US$ 12,000.00 loan for my daughter's first year in college.

paddy

Silver
Oct 4, 2003
I, unknowing packed a suitcase full of baby items..over the weight and had to pay extra in Newark...$100.00...so be careful. If I had left them..my daughter in law would have killed me...lol..she's from Peru and is always looking for a place to get r id of my grandaughters clothes that she grows out of all the time.