January 2000 - need mosquito spray

T

Tiina

For all interested in this heated discussion about mosquitos in DR. We spent one week on Cofresi, Hacienda Resorts, between the 6th and 13th of January this year. There where mosquitos in our room at nights and they bite even though we used an insect-spray on our skin! They do move also in open air restaurants (which are usual in all hotel areas), etc. During one week each of us got very many bites each. The tropical rain showers must be blaimed, I suppose, so I recommend all to take with you sprays or lotions against mosquitos. In Cofresi they do not have it in all places (especially the kind of stuff that can be applied to skin and not to the air) and if they have, a bottle will cost you a lot, aprox. 15 US dollars.

M

mina

Tiina!

Which part of the DR is Cofresi in?

North, South, do you know which province?

I was in Bayahibe (near La Romana) and we had tons of mosquitoes too!

Mina

P.S.: I also recommend spray to all future travellers. The kind for your own body as well as the kind for your room!!!

L

lorri

Cofresi is in the North just outside Puerto Plata. I agree I spent 3 weeks in Puerto Plata and I was eaten alive!! But there were other people who looked like they had some kind of disease on their arms and legs.

H

Hugo Marrero

The best mosquito repellent I have ever used is called "Florida Swamp" .... it works on mosquitoes, no-seeums and all kinds of busg.... one application lasts all day...

Aloha

M

Marilyn

Where can you purchase "Florida Swamp"? I would like to buy some before I go next week.

T

Tiina

Cofresi is about 6 kms to west from Puerto Plata on the nort coast.