Does this exist?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Isitmebut

Nov 13, 2006
This is my 1st post on these boards and I would appreciate some advice about a prospective 1st visit to DR. I apologise in advance if these questions have already been asked multiple times.

Firstly we envisage a holiday next May and wonder what are the pro?s and con?s of such timing. We fear arriving in a ?low? season when much is closed?

Our other dilemma is more fundamental; where can one stay if one prefers to avoid the giant All-Inclusive resorts that seem to dominate the beach strips? Having said this, we would still like the best of both worlds with:

-A small/medium hotel of 4 or 5 stars, with a pool(s), at least a couple of decent restaurants, possibilities of B&B or half-board and some sporting activities.
-Situated ON a good beach; preferable Bavaro/Punta Cana.
-Not too far away (10/15 minutes walk or short taxi ride) from a commercial area containing several good restaurants.

As you can see we prefer some independence, good, safe and varied cuisine and close proximity to the renowned beaches of Punta Cana. We dislike crowds and the organised entertainments of the huge resort complexes.

Does something like this exist or are we dreaming?

Many thanks for all advice and recommendations.

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
If you want to head to Punta Cana, then this is in the wrong forum. Punta Cana is not on the North Coast. If you want to head to the North Coast, then Hotel Velero on the beach in Cabarete would give you all that you want.

Isitmebut

Nov 13, 2006
If you want to head to Punta Cana, then this is in the wrong forum. Punta Cana is not on the North Coast. If you want to head to the North Coast, then Hotel Velero on the beach in Cabarete would give you all that you want.

Thanks Chris,

I obviously have problems with my Norths and Easts. The same request has now been reposted on the East Coast board. I will however look up the Hotel Velero just in case...but the beaches at Bavaro/Punta Cana look compelling.

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.