Video trip report takes a surprising turn for the wife.

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
As many members know from the PM's I've posted back and forth, I had a big secret before my last trip. The secret was that a month before our trip down to the Gran Ventana, my Mom, Sister, and Nephew booked into the same hotel, arriving the day after we arrived.

It was extremely tough to keep a secret like that from her for a month - especially since she is really close to my family. (We had to keep them away from the wife for the month - they were unable to keep a secret that big) It ended up being an absolutely fantastic trip, and a full report will be added in the near future.

The full un-edited video has been posted to my blog page here: Yahoo! 360? - Mike H's Blog - Entry for November 17, 2006

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Heartwarming. Pleasant change from the crap we sometimes read here. Glad you enjoyed your trip and hope you all come back.

El Tigre

El Tigre de DR1 - Moderator
Jan 23, 2003
I saw this video on YouTube and was felt like I was there with you. You planned this so well and the look on your wife's face was priceless.

Glad you were able to pull it off!!!

suitelady79

Sep 20, 2006
Great Job Comm! l left you a comment on your page! You pulled it off beautifully and you have to be happy with that reaction!!

CommTHOR

Nov 7, 2005
Great Job Comm! l left you a comment on your page! You pulled it off beautifully and you have to be happy with that reaction!!

I am definately happy with the results. Although I didn't end up doing half of the things I planned "outside the compound" on this trip, it still ended up to be one that will live in my fond memories for the rest of my life. (Too busy partying with the family - first actual vacation with my mom and sister in over 20 years!) Oh well, there's always the next trip...

My mom and Sister had such a wonderful time they will almost certainly be back. My sister is already starting to talk about the next family trip to the D.R. Got another two people hooked it looks like. She recently got hired by a major Charter airline that makes regular stops there, so it may become more than a twice a year thing... heh...

Youtube link is YouTube - Trip report takes a surprising turn in case anyone had issues with the Yahoo video link BTW.

sosua1

Sep 24, 2006
That was so cool Mike....that is something I would of done also...I love surprising people....Dan