I fell in love!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrMan

Dec 31, 2006
I've been coming to Santo Domingo for the past 3 years and have done the regular single guy stuff.That was fine with me as I am in my late 40's and not interested in getting involved in a serious relationship.However I met a girl on my most recent trip who knocked me for a loop.Sort of when the Godfather says in the movie that,"he was hit by a lightning bolt"!
It was on Christmas night.I met a very beautiful 23 year old Haitian girl who has only been in the DR for 6 months.She speaks French and Creole and I speak English and Spanish.We don't have many words in common but we spent 5 days together and the time we had was unbelievable.
I can't wait to go back to see her.I realize all the advice about not getting married in these situations but this girl is so different than the rest.Does anybody have any experience with this type of situation particularly as it applies to Haitian culture.Are Haitian women loyal to their men?
This girl has a job so the just for the money angle is'nt a factor here.I know many here will tell me to beware but can anyone give me reasons that it just may work out?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
The first reason

I've been coming to Santo Domingo for the past 3 years and have done the regular single guy stuff.That was fine with me as I am in my late 40's and not interested in getting involved in a serious relationship.However I met a girl on my most recent trip who knocked me for a loop.Sort of when the Godfather says in the movie that,"he was hit by a lightning bolt"!
It was on Christmas night.I met a very beautiful 23 year old Haitian girl who has only been in the DR for 6 months.She speaks French and Creole and I speak English and Spanish.We don't have many words in common but we spent 5 days together and the time we had was unbelievable.
I can't wait to go back to see her.I realize all the advice about not getting married in these situations but this girl is so different than the rest.Does anybody have any experience with this type of situation particularly as it applies to Haitian culture.Are Haitian women loyal to their men?
This girl has a job so the just for the money angle is'nt a factor here.I know many here will tell me to beware but can anyone give me reasons that it just may work out?

is a 40 plus year old man asking a public board how its going to FAIL before you know diddly about the two of you can make a go of it.
Why do you need our negative advise? You know her one week-and you are looking for resons to leave already.
Grow up. Do your sleeping at nite not here (is my advise)
Bah humbug,
john

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
I'm looking for positive reasons John not negative.Read the post,"Reasons that it will work out" is what I asked.

Malibook

Bronze
Jan 23, 2002
www.yourtraveltickets.com
She speaks French and Creole and I speak English and Spanish.We don't have many words in common but we spent 5 days together and the time we had was unbelievable.
I can't wait to go back to see her.I realize all the advice about not getting married in these situations but this girl is so different than the rest.
I know many here will tell me to beware but can anyone give me reasons that it just may work out?
Verbal communication is highly over-rated.
I'm sure you had some good times but talk of marriage after 5 days may be a bit premature.

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
What's the cultural difference between Dominican and Haitian girls?I'm not going to marry her right away.I was just thinking of going back a few times them who knows.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
WOW!
There are huge cultural differences, of course.
Considering the incidence of HIV+ among Haitians, I do hope you had "safe sex" with this woman.
Generally speaking, you are in the same boat as any sankiette.....you looked, you saw, you got laid....therefore, you were taken by a professional who is truly gifted.

Be cool, be safe.

HB

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
There are a few

What's the cultural difference between Dominican and Haitian girls?I'm not going to marry her right away.I was just thinking of going back a few times them who knows.[/quot

1) Well, most Haitian girls prefer the Met. Musuem in NY vs. Musuem of Modern art.
2) Haitian girls only go to their hairdresser on Fridays whereas Dom. go on Sat.
3) Hat. girls prefer eatiog on the Malecon (thats where you met her)
4) No Hat. girl will stay at anything less than the Hilton on the malecon executive floor.
Lets see, are there any other biggies in cultural difference? Oh yes, Hat. girls when they get to NY prefer living in Brooklyn . Doms. in Manhattan.
Other than that you're all set.
Good luck and as Hillbilly said get that test as soon as you can.

(had to take this out of Twilight zone and bring it down into the "say what?"level)

acmike

Jan 11, 2005
I did'nt have safe sex but I do believe that all was safe.She is not a pro and I was'nt taken.I did'nt give her a thing except my company.Of course I picked up the tabs but that's part of the regular dating experience in my view of things.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I did'nt have safe sex but I do believe that all was safe.She is not a pro and I was'nt taken.I did'nt give her a thing except my company.Of course I picked up the tabs but that's part of the regular dating experience in my view of things.

Perhaps she gave you the gift that keeps on giving?

jrf

Bronze
Jan 9, 2005
You should sit down and re-read what you have written/said here.
Say it out loud or to a friend and see it if sounds ok.
You are over 40?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You meet her in malecon and then have sex with her (maybe the same day) wow, i say you have a winner in hand. marry her and take her away from this island. I see that she is different from the other putas.
AZB

Where does she work? Clasico disco in Sosua?

2LeftFeet

Bronze
Dec 1, 2006
Am I missing something here? She speaks French and Creole and you speak Spanish and English?? Ummm..... French and Spanish are very different-- and creole-- well it's creole.....

Where does the love come in? I see lust! Nothing wrong with that!!! I could go for some of that that about that now! but if you can't talk to eachother-- at all....?????

Status
Not open for further replies.