Hotel Moorea Beach in Las Galeras - Open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

angusperformance

Jan 2, 2007
Is this hotel open? I get no replies when I asked for a reservation. This looks like a very nice and modern hotel that still has great prices. Is there anything similar to this anywhere on the Samana Peninsula? I looked at Villa Serena but it is 3 times the price and really not great looking

Hotel Moorea
rooms-las-galeras.jpg

vs.

Villa Serena
pink.jpg

Any Ideas on places like Hotel Moorea?

Jasper

Bronze
Jan 10, 2002
might not be open. i think that i read that cyril, who was renting the hotel, had decided to not renew. don't know if the owner, bernard, came back from germany.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Moorea Beach is closed,...probably for a long time as the German owner refused to make much-needed repairs and the French couple managing the place did not want to invest their own money in the old place.

In addition to Moorea Beach and Club Bonito closing as I reported several months ago, it seems that Hotel La Playita has also shut their doors. I hear their plumbing throughout the hotel (which was badly done), finally let go. I don't know how long they will stay closed as being located away from the ocean they never had that much business anyway.

Not counting the Casa Marina Bay resort, this means that almost half (over 50) of the rooms in Las Galeras are now gone and anyone wanting to visit this season better make reservations, the sooner the better. Those hotels remaining open are very busy.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
What about Todo Blanco under the new ownership?

Todoblanco is open, La Isleta is open, Lusitania is open, Ruby is open, Juan y Lolo got a few houses for rent, Villa Casa Lotus is open, Chalet Tropical is open, Por que no, is open, Gri-Gri and La Rancheta are also open. Take your pick, do a search on Google for the e-mails and phone numbers. The choice is yours.

WebDev

Status
Not open for further replies.