1st time visitors to DR

Status
Not open for further replies.

murine49

Jan 20, 2007
My husband & I will be visiting DR for the first time in Feb. and will be staying at La Punta Apartments in Cabarete. Has anyone stayed there ? Any info. about Cabarete and surrounding area would be greatly appreciated. We are flying into Santiago - suggestions for transport to Cabarete? I am brand new to DR1 - hope I'll be able to help out fellow travellers when I return home. We are avid snorlellers and definitely like to get off the beaten path. Also interested in the Dream Project. THANKS

CFA123

Silver
May 29, 2004
La Punta apartments are just around the eastern point of Cabarete bay. I 've seen the grounds, but haven't stayed there so I can't help you much on that. The beach at the point has washed out quite a bit recently & the I wouldn't recommend swimming in front of the hotel as heavy waves and currents could make things a little dangerous.

A very short walk west will put you on the bay itself where you can rent chairs cheaply and enjoy food and drink from the beachside restaurants.

La Punta also used to have one of the best restaurants in Cabarete, Otra Cosa. Not only the food, but the 180 degree ocean view is incredible. If the same people are running it, you can expect a few nice meals there.

Enjoy your vacation!

As a starter, here are some maps of Cabarete. You'll see La Punta indicated on the map at top left. Active Cabarete - Maps of Cabarete, Dominican Republic

sunnyvillas

Blocked due to spamming
Apr 29, 2003
I have worked with La Punta for few years now and we have them on our website. We never had a complain about it, as it is a very nice, clean and well mainted property , but it doesn't have A/C or TV, just your basic clean accommodation in a bit older apaprtments.
Donatella, the owner is very nice and helpful and I am sure you will have a great time there.
My suggestion, is the property next door, Condos Magnifico: Condos Magnifico in Cabarete which is not much more expensive , but by far more superior and set in the most gorgeous tropical gardens, it is a true Paradise. We jsut got back, once again from Magnifico and loved it!

If you like some great meals, there is new small restaurant Claro's , that is if front of MAgnifico, she ervies only breakfast and lunch and has a very interesting menu.
AS for the niight meals, there is a local family that is n front of Valero resort and they cook up great chicken, ribs and porks shops with all the trimming on the BBQ at night. It was fantastic as well:))

Have a great time and

Status
Not open for further replies.