Santo Domingo on Google Earth

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
On another thread regarding Google Earth's satelite photos of Santiago, there were some DR1ers who were unable to download the software, which is available here. Well, I'll whet some of your appetite if you are one of the few who still have no access to this.

Here are a few of Santo Domingo:

E Leon Jimenez Corporate Office and Presidente Brewery
torreeleonjimenesyfacto0qs.jpg

Autonomous University of Santo Domingo
uasd1yi.jpg

Viejo Arroyo Hondo
viejoarroyohondo7sr.jpg

Plaza de la Bandera
plazadelabandera7we.jpg

Mirador Sur Park
parquemiradorsur29nm.jpg

Catedral Santa Mar?a La Menor
parquecolonycatedralpri2zq.jpg

Las Praderas area
laspraderas2xy.jpg

Faro A Col?n
faroacolon5km.jpg

Olimpic Center
centroolimpico0wu.jpg

Zona Colonial
santodomingo92mu.jpg

-NALs

Don Juan

Living Brain Donor
Dec 5, 2003
The image on Mirador Sur park Shows buildings casting long shadows which is an indication of their vertical height. I wonder how tall the tallest one is?

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
The image on Mirador Sur park Shows buildings casting long shadows which is an indication of their vertical height. I wonder how tall the tallest one is?
The tallest high rise on the Anacaona is Torre Carib 85 meters with 23 floors.

The top three tallest structures in Santo Domingo are:

1.Malecon Center residential towers 122 meters with 31 floors each. (These are tallest structures in Central America/Caribbean area. Only Panama City has higher structures after Santo Domingo.
2. Citibank Tower 115 meters with 22 floors.
3. Diandy XX tower 110 meters with 27 floors.

According to emporis, Santo Domingo has at least 121 completed high rises with an additional 36 under construction, 11 proposed, and 2 approved and 1 on hold.

Emporis has an inventory of most high rises in Santo Domingo and the world as well. Click here to access emporis.

-NALs

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Hey Nals,

I have a request, can you take snapshots of APEC, UNIBE, and O y M Universities? Although I have google earth, I cannot find them, I've even used Iruta but I get various addresses.

Heketi

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Hey Nals,

I have a request, can you take snapshots of APEC, UNIBE, and O y M Universities? Although I have google earth, I cannot find them, I've even used Iruta but I get various addresses.

Heketi
In order to make it easier for you to find APEC and O Y M universities on Google Earth, I included two photos of each so you know in what part of town they are located.

I don't know where exactly UNIBE is located.

Here is APEC which is on Gomez near the Gran Hotel Lina (the green structure is the hotel):
universidadapec2ue4.jpg

universidadapecqb5.jpg

Here is Universidad O Y M on Independencia:
universidaddominicanaoyiu0.jpg

universidaddominicanaoypl1.jpg

-NALs

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
No, now the Tallest is Caney Towell with 37 floors, now has 34 floors.
That building is still under construction.

Until the building has not been officially opened or at least the facade is painted and looks "ready", the Malecon Center towers are number one.

Look how long the Alco Paradisso took to get its finishing touches on its facade!

Who knows, the Caney project could suddenly stall.... for years.

Let's wait until the building looks "presentable" to classify it as such.

Once its finished, it will be the tallest in the region, although the most unique towers are the Margot being built on the Anacaona as well. Never seen anything like it, two towers, one leaning into the other one. Unique, that's for sure!

-NALs;)

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Nals,

Thanks for the pics, I had APEC's location right (wrong building) but I was a bit off to the west on Universidad O & M.
UNIBE is located on Ave Francia in Gazcue, I found it already on Google Earth.