Las Aromas Golf Course
santiago47eq.jpg

Universidad Cat?lica Madre y Maestra
santiago51rn.jpg

La Zurza area
santiago67ki.jpg

Gran Cibao Hotel (under construction)
santiago76ns.jpg

Cibao International Airport (obviously, this photo is old)
santiago83aj.jpg

Licey al Medio
santiago90so.jpg

Typical rural fields
santiago107oe.jpg

-NALs

Sep 19, 2005
Nals, I love maps, and I love the satelite stuff too....but did you notice in the PUCMM photo that there is no field house...i walked it just a few days ago, and there is what looks like an athletic field house, that is already completed, and they were doing grounds work on.

Plus the airport does not have jet bridges installed....showing that the photos are close to a year old or more...the hotel has been under contrcution for 5 years now.

I cant wait for them to put out new photos of the area where my GF lives...right now it is way way out of focus. to the extend you cant even use the last 3 or 4 zooms Google offers..

bob

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Nals, I love maps, and I love the satelite stuff too....but did you notice in the PUCMM photo that there is no field house...i walked it just a few days ago, and there is what looks like an athletic field house, that is already completed, and they were doing grounds work on.

Plus the airport does not have jet bridges installed....showing that the photos are close to a year old or more...the hotel has been under contrcution for 5 years now.

I cant wait for them to put out new photos of the area where my GF lives...right now it is way way out of focus. to the extend you cant even use the last 3 or 4 zooms Google offers..

bob

I hope they soon do the Moca-Baqu? Arriba-Salcedo area and a complete re-done of the entire city of Santiago.

The photos of Santiago and the Vega Real are dated. Many details makes it clear that they are not current. For example, the HOMS Hospital and the Gran Cibao hotel are already painted and from the autopista Duarte look practically finished, as far as the facades are concerned. In the satelite pictures, its obvious that the HOMS was still in its mid-construction stage and the same goes for the Gran Cibao Hotel.

But, those are minor details. More importantly would be for them to take shots of the areas which are not in focus.

-NALs

ZEUS

Bronze
Feb 14, 2003
Nals, thanks a lot for this great pics. My father lived in Licey. I have a sister that lives there. I'm trying to figure out where's her house. Again, thanks.

Zeus (primus cibae~no).:bunny:

Sep 19, 2005
you know Nals, i think Google just bought the rights to use those photos...and maybe they bought them, because who ever had them is getting newer ones made or are in the process of loading up new ones...there is a nother site called TERRa server that has the same photos...you have to figure a goverment agency owned the satelite that took them......

take care

bob