Vaya con Dios "La Rubia"

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandyE

Feb 4, 2002
For all the "old timers" (15yrs or more) that have played at Playa Dorado- Rubia has passed away over the fall from pnuemonia.

What a nice lady. Remember many afternoons spent at the clubhouse tipping a few and conversing with her. Always happy, very animated, a good person- not a bad bone in her body. Would bring out pan con aji in the afternoons as the conversations continued about thr DR, it's people and their ways.

When new owners took over the course and went to a youth movement 7 or so years back, they let Rubia go. Too bad as the clubhouse never again had the same jovial atmosphere as it did when "La Rubia" was behind the bar. We remained in touch, and once or twice per visit would meet at my friends place or a restaurant for dinner. Still smiling and with a big heart, Rubia would come bearing "regalas" of rum or jewelry to take home for my wife.

This lady is one of the reasons that have kept me coming back for 20 years. It's people. And on the day she died the DR lost one of it's finest.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Thanks for bringing this to my attention the other day Randy - regrettably when she left the clubhouse our paths did not cross as often as I should have made them cross!

All that you say above about the good lady is 'On The Button'. Never saw the girl (lady) with an unhappy look to her face - it always seemed to be 'Smiles for everyone'!!

God BLESS you 'La Rubia' & when 'the Big Man' serves YOU a beer up there, tell him there are a number of us down here that miss your smiling face & easy banter!! ~ Grahame.

Status
Not open for further replies.