What happened to the flights from US to Dominican Republic??

dmukgmuk

Jan 30, 2007
We have been traveling to the Dominican Republic for over 12 years and now all the charter companies we have flown on are not flying to the Dominican Republic. A few flights to the Punta Cana area, but nothing to Puerto Plata. Has anyone any information on why they have been discontinued?

Sep 19, 2005
if the big airlines offer enough flights , they eat up the market for the charter guy...

I know AA flies 4 or 5 flights A DAY out of JFK to STI...thats PER DAY!!!!!!!!!!

they have a 6 am flight then another at 7 am!! then another at 9 ish

sorry i only know about NYC

bob

dmukgmuk

Jan 30, 2007
We've flown from Minnesota and other midwest areas, i.e., on charters with Apple Vacations, MLT Vacations, Transglobal and Funjet. All these charters are not going to Puerto Plata this year and we thought perhaps there was a reason for them dropping this option from their vacation packages. I have been checking commercial airlines, but flights are running $400-600 more than in the past. Thanks for your responses - I will keep checking.

B

batich

There are no more direct flights to POP from NY. Only Continental from NJ. And is very expensive.

Nine hours flight with AA through Puerto Rico is VERY inconvenient!! (Honestly - it is horrible)

And ticket prices are about 50% higher than very recently.

Getting to DR from USA is getting more difficult and expensive.

Any possible explanations?

santobonao

Bronze
Jun 3, 2003
www.telemundo.com
There are no more direct flights to POP from NY. Only Continental from NJ. And is very expensive.

Nine hours flight with AA through Puerto Rico is VERY inconvenient!! (Honestly - it is horrible)

And ticket prices are about 50% higher than very recently.

Getting to DR from USA is getting more difficult and expensive.

Any possible explanations?

That's not true

B

batich

That's not true

What exactly is not true?

I said from my own experience.

Correct me if I am wrong in something.

There are direct flights from NY to POP that I am not aware of?

I will owe you big if you share the info.