Best currency to bring - still US dollar

bransonpark

Jan 30, 2007
Hello! Can't wait for some winter sun! This will be our 2nd visit and really loved the first - it was a few years ago.Hope things havn't changed too much. DR1 travel advice is to bring US dollars but with weak dollar at present wondered if different currency better.
What do you all think?

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Hello! Can't wait for some winter sun! This will be our 2nd visit and really loved the first - it was a few years ago.Hope things havn't changed too much. DR1 travel advice is to bring US dollars but with weak dollar at present wondered if different currency better.
What do you all think?
US dollar still gives you the best proportionate exchange rate.

stelen123

Jan 13, 2006
I use my UK ATM card here for the last 3 months, and i get average 60.00-61.00 pesos for 1.00 GBP net ( including the 2.00 GBP service charge).

KeithF

Jul 9, 2006
www.cabarete.org
I use my UK ATM card here for the last 3 months, and i get average 60.00-61.00 pesos for 1.00 GBP net ( including the 2.00 GBP service charge).

I'm with you stelen123, keep banging away!

If you are coming from the UK draw cash out from an ATM using a debit card. Direct exchange from sterling to peso with minimal fuss and maximum return. I did the stats after a couple of earlier trips, so I KNOW that that is the best way!