Las Casitas in Montellano

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 15, 2005
There is a community of 300 homes being developed by millionaire Juan Paliza that are going up in Montellano. These homes are being priced at $55,000. They are called Las Casitas. Has anyone seen them?

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
I Hear

Those little places just a bit before the bomba in Montellano are the folks who were shifted, if that is the appropriate word, from their domiciles in Begantin and moved there -- relocated in other words, and are small, 2 BR, that likely have limited investment value for foreigners, are populated already for about 8 mos. to a year by Dominicans. Never heard ot the investor you mentioned but that means little here. If you happen to be Dominican and looking to get home or something then maybe it is a reasonable place for you.

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
I called the contact number, got an answering service. They say their offices are at 848 Brickell, 8th floor, across the street from where I used to work on Brickell......in Miami. Uh..... Checked their website and they are promoting sun and sand, villa looking places......in Montellano....go figure.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
I called the contact number, got an answering service. They say their offices are at 848 Brickell, 8th floor, across the street from where I used to work on Brickell......in Miami. Uh..... Checked their website and they are promoting sun and sand, villa looking places......in Montellano....go figure.
Looks to me from the slideshow on their website, that it is in fact those apartments/condos we see on the South side of the highway, 1 mile this side of la bomba in Montellano, and they show beach pics form Bergantin, as if they were right on that land.
I guess you could walk to playa Bergantin in an hour or so, if you're up to the challenge.

Kyle

Silver
Jun 2, 2006
55,000 doesn't seem too bad a price for a foreigner who needs a vacation spot a few times a year.

am i wrong ??

kfrancis

Jan 8, 2002
rockharddesigns.com
Observation from the Frontier !!

Rocky, et al.

It should be noted that original poster in this thread has identified himself as the promoter / developer of this particular project. I therefore, find the original post to be very misleading in its intentions. But then again it just might be me.

Thought I would interject my thoughts.

Back in country until end of May.

kFrancisco de Cabral

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
It should be noted that original poster in this thread has identified himself as the promoter / developer of this particular project. I therefore, find the original post to be very misleading in its intentions. But then again it just might be me.
Thank you for advising us.
I guess times are hard and they can't afford to pay for DR1 advertising.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Rocky, et al.

Thought I would interject my thoughts.

Back in country until end of May.

kFrancisco de Cabral

Are you saying that the OP is in fact the millionaire referred to in that first post? If so what happened to all his other business interests in Puerto Plata? I find it almost impossible to believe that he can't afford DR1 advertising........

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I believe he is the promotor, Lambada. Here is one of his posts:

We have client in the U.S. that need good home financing for purchases in D.R. . Are there any suggestions?

We are currently offering villas in Montellano Puerto Plata for $55,000US are we are targeting of course middle income families in D.R. but primarily abroad.

Our second development begins in March 2007 in the southwest town of Paraiso, Barahona.

Our idea is to provide affordable villas during the first phase of the property development.

We have offices in:
Santo Domingo
Miami
New York

Marlie

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Thank you Marlie. Now is Mr. Alberto different from the millionaire referred to in the first post?

By the way, Marlie, remember Stuart Ratner and Otro Mundo?

Aahhhh, yes! It is all coming back to me now - quite clearly, I might add! :pirate:

Marlie

Status
Not open for further replies.