Independence Day and Baseball

Tache

Feb 17, 2003
I'm leaving for my second trip to Punta Cana in "four more sleeps". Does anyone have any information on special activities going on for Independence Day?

Also, my travelling companion is a big baseball fan. It seems that the two weeks we are there (Ocean Blue - Feb 15th to March 1st) is the hiatus between the winter and summer baseball leagues. Are there any local leagues that would have games during that time period. Given that we will be there for two weeks, taking a day or two to travel to one of the stadiums in the south is feasible, but we'd be just as happy to watch a local youth team - if there is such a thing near the resort areas.

Tache

Feb 17, 2003
Lots of reads - anyone have some answers?

Counting on those DR1 experts! I know you guys are great. Can you help me out here?

C

Chip00

I'm leaving for my second trip to Punta Cana in "four more sleeps". Does anyone have any information on special activities going on for Independence Day?

Also, my travelling companion is a big baseball fan. It seems that the two weeks we are there (Ocean Blue - Feb 15th to March 1st) is the hiatus between the winter and summer baseball leagues. Are there any local leagues that would have games during that time period. Given that we will be there for two weeks, taking a day or two to travel to one of the stadiums in the south is feasible, but we'd be just as happy to watch a local youth team - if there is such a thing near the resort areas.

The baseball camps play yearound from what I understand. The best bet would be to call the hotel where you are staying in advance and ask them if there is any big baseball camps nearby. Hopefully they will find out and get you a phone number.

I did some research for my nephew who is a camp in Santiago and I seem to remember there is at least one if not two major league camps not far from the La Romana area. I also understand they scrimmage at least once a week.