Santiago to Semana travel?

stefaniewasser

Feb 12, 2007
Hi there,

My beau and I are going to La Semana for a vacation together. We are from NYC. We noticed a good flight (Jet Blue) from NYC to Santiago. I am trying to figure out the best way to get from Santiago to the La Semana Peninsula. I understand it is 4 hrs by car. Is there RELIABLE transportation service available - (some sort of motor coach, van equivalent)- that is reasonably priced and also comfortable? It seems like overkill to rent our own car.

Alternatively, are we better off flying into Santo Domingo? Suggestions? thank you.

Stefanie

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Necessary Travel Preparations

.... going to La Semana ... from Santiago to the La Semana Peninsula....

Maybe Hillbilly hasn't answered you yet, because he dislikes - as much as I - false names.
(Well, sometimes he leaves the crumbs to the frog... )

Therefore:
We assume that you want to travel to (the)
Saman? (peninsula).

Could very well be for one 'semana' .... :bunny:

m'frog

Last edited:

ridiela

Jan 22, 2007
Caribe tours

You have caribe tours as an option, it is not the most comfortable but it is cheap and safe.

Jose.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Quick Service

You have caribe tours as an option... and safe.

True.
Well, most of the time.

ctaccidentmh8.jpg

m'frog

tflea

Bronze
Jun 11, 2006
Caribe Tours only goes (scheduled) as far as Nagua as far as I know. If they go all the way to Samana plz advise.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Easy. (Thanks M'froggy for the grammar policing.....!!)

Look, your flight gets in early in the morning. Tell the taxi driver (About RD$450-RD$500 into town) that you want to go to the "parada de Saman? en la Pedro Francisco Bon?" .. a Short wait and you will get the first bus to Saman?.

Costs RD$170. Good reliable transport.

Now, you said (more or less) Saman?, however you might have meant Las Terrenas, Las Galeras or Saman? City....each destination is reachable by the method i described. BUT, if you are going to Las Terrenas, you need to switch buses in S?nchez.

HB